Jersey Jack Pinball....

RJB

May 1, 2013
Hey! guys,

Just wondering if any of you know if there's any chance of the recently released pinball table "The Wizard of OZ" by Jersey Jack Pinball coming to the Pinball Arcade one day?

I assume it would need a major Kickstarter to make it possible, but the table from what I've seen looks fantastic, be great to have a digital version "IMO";)

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Hey! guys,

Just wondering if any of you know if there's any chance of the recently released pinball table "The Wizard of OZ" by Jersey Jack Pinball coming to the Pinball Arcade one day?

I assume it would need a major Kickstarter to make it possible, but the table from what I've seen looks fantastic, be great to have a digital version "IMO";)

I wouldn't even know where to play a real table of this pinball. I haven't seen avengers or X-men either. That said I think it's going to be tough getting any premium licensed table. I'm looking forward to the premium poll. I probably vote for all the tables since it's a multiple choice poll.

That said musts are

Lord of the Rings
Iron Man
Spiderman
Batman
Family Guy
Simpsons Party
Indiana Jone pinball adventures
Pirates of the Caribbean
And many others I can't think of off the top of my head

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Hey! guys,

Logistically it would be tough for mobile devices. The "DMD" on Wizard of Oz is a 26" LCD display. There's nowhere to put even a scaled-down version of it that wouldn't completely cover the actual table on a mobile screen.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Pinball Arcade is about preserving pinball. I don't think we need brand new games on it.

That being said, man what I would do for a digital version of AC/DC or Metallica Pinball. X-Men too; this game blew me away. I played it not expecting anything, and came away feeling it's one of the most fun, interesting pinballs I've ever played.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Impossible with current technology. Most table downloads are around 25mb I think, and this has a lot of HD footage instead of the usual display, a couple of those would take the filesize over the whats currently possible.
Depending on relationship I think it would be great to see a new Stern table launch at the same time on TPA as in real life, may be good advertising.

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
Depending on relationship I think it would be great to see a new Stern table launch at the same time on TPA as in real life, may be good advertising.

Gary Stern says he wants to do it. If (as rumored) Star Trek is Stern's next title, that seems like the perfect opportunity.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
...a Star Trek table from Stern. If it's 'Abrams Timeline', then I hope none of the features include over indulging lens flares. :p

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Impossible with current technology. Most table downloads are around 25mb I think, and this has a lot of HD footage instead of the usual display, a couple of those would take the filesize over the whats currently possible.

I just downloaded a >1GB app to my iPad today.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
I don't think the file size would make that much difference nowadays as broadband speeds increase. Anyone no of any Jeseyjack machines in the Uk?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I don't think the file size would make that much difference nowadays as broadband speeds increase. Anyone no of any Jeseyjack machines in the Uk?

There was one at NERG last month, chances are there will be one a the UKPP in August and again at Play Expo in October.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
Played one a couple of days ago in the arcade on Bournemouth pier. It was awesome and in perfect working order. Didn't think I'd ever see this in a public location in the uk!

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Logistically it would be tough for mobile devices. The "DMD" on Wizard of Oz is a 26" LCD display. There's nowhere to put even a scaled-down version of it that wouldn't completely cover the actual table on a mobile screen.

I woud buy a second tablet just for displaying pinball backglass.

Paying your mortgage is overrated anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.