Jersey Jack - Wizard Of Oz News

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I would like one of the next batch of questions to Bobby to be about this table, is there any chance they will try to get it? or is the LCD screen enough to put them off even trying?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Not sure why they would unveil a real machine at E3.... If anything, Farsight should be there instead because E3 is more about video games...

Yeah, I hear ya, but I guess the timing is right for JJP though, so why not?

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I would like one of the next batch of questions to Bobby to be about this table, is there any chance they will try to get it? or is the LCD screen enough to put them off even trying?

I would imagine that the operating system is unique to this machine. Anybody know this? If that's the case and Farsight hasn't mastered Stern's S.A.M. system yet, the possibilities of TWOZ are pretty slim. Just a guess.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

Lots of pretty lights, but didn't see much of the LCD monitor in action, aside from the JJ logo (which was pretty cool). This idiot seemed focused on filming the playfield, which we've already seen in photos. The monitor is where the future is! I want to see more of the thing that makes DMDs look like numeric displays!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
22 seconds, no audible (electronic) sound, no LCD animations - when are we going to get a real look at this thing?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Well, we're getting somewhere. You can sort of hear the sound (the music and a few louder sound effects, like the crow and Toto. However, the apparent lack of voices and missions is troubling, and we've yet to get a good look at the LCD monitor. I sure hope this succeeds, as JJ seems a lot more likely than Stern to innovate and move the industry forward, rather than simply keeping it on life-support.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Yeah, I can't see that LCD backglass working well in TPA layout. It might work for a multi-monitor virtual pin setup, but not on a single screen console or iOS.
I'm soo bummed out that I didn't know WOZ was on display at Dynamics, Inc. I thought I looked everywhere on the E3 floor, but had I known exactly whereit was, I would have had my dirty mits all over those flippers.

marswitch

Jun 13, 2012
Wow, that is a beautiful artwork on there. I like how the flippers are the red shoes and the extra flipper on the upper left. Would be cool to try it some day.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I cant wait for real HD game play footage.

And i wondered something. I see on their site they sell the normal woz for $6500. But what if you forget about the licenses, they make the exact same machine, but they call it ''the forest'' or something like that, and animations are not from woz, and toys are same but called non licended names.

Make own music etc. Just anything with a licenses is replaced by own names/toys/animations but the rest of the machine is the same.

What would they sell it for then?

Cause 6500 is alot if i want to go NIB once, but maybe when they make non-license machines it will cost 4000?

What do you guys think? How much will go off the woz le price, $6500 when there were no licenses involved?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I cant wait for real HD game play footage.

And i wondered something. I see on their site they sell the normal woz for $6500. But what if you forget about the licenses, they make the exact same machine, but they call it ''the forest'' or something like that, and animations are not from woz, and toys are same but called non licended names.

Make own music etc. Just anything with a licenses is replaced by own names/toys/animations but the rest of the machine is the same.

What would they sell it for then?

Cause 6500 is alot if i want to go NIB once, but maybe when they make non-license machines it will cost 4000?

What do you guys think? How much will go off the woz le price, $6500 when there were no licenses involved?

The cost of Pinball tables lies mostly in the time and difficulty in manufacturing them, as well as the fact they use a lot of components, many of which must be custom made. I don't think making an unlicensed table would make that much of an impact on final retail price. I could be wrong though, as I don't work for or own a pinball manufacturing company, just going on what I've seen and read about the process.

brad

Jun 23, 2012
Jersey Jack The Wizard of Oz

I'm pretty excited about this new pinball manufacture. Should be out soon. Check out some videos on youtube. He's done some pretty nice presentations. The team seems great. Exciting stuff.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yeah, but not one of his presentations shows the whole finished product. It does look good, and I hope it's successful, since it's already lit a fire under Stern (their next table will use an LCD), the first notable innovation in the last 20 years. We could be looking at a resurgence in the industry. Competition does that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts