July TotM Groupings and Results

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
I just played using the one shot rule. Yes the ball drained after hitting the skill shot. My plan was to redo the games if that rule isn't adopted. But, really, you'd be doing me a big favor if you ruled out those scores! I'll keep them unless you say otherwise. On to the other tables.

We are allowing extra balls in big shot, right?

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I tend to tilt out EBs if there's a possibility of something like this happening. If the skill shot isn't really worth it, it doesn't cost much.

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
Finished all my tables except for TOTAN. Waiting for an official ruling on EBs before I play that one... What say you, SYT? Tilt it out, or allow one hit?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just played using the one shot rule. Yes the ball drained after hitting the skill shot. My plan was to redo the games if that rule isn't adopted. But, really, you'd be doing me a big favor if you ruled out those scores! I'll keep them unless you say otherwise. On to the other tables.

We are allowing extra balls in big shot, right?

So you are confirming that if you hit the launch skill shot (not the super of hitting the ramp), the ball will drain? If that's the case, shoot the skill shot till you hit it people! Then drain. I'm going to real quick see if I can duplicate this...

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
Played my set. Decided to tilt out in Tales.

TZ - 603,870,210
Pinbot - 7,572,960
TotAN - 88,708,380
Big Shot - 96,400 =/

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, so I just tried this on ball 1...

Shot the skill shot, let it drain, it gave me another ball.
Shot that ball, held the flippers up, let the ball drain, gave me another ball.
Repeated this 2 or 3 more times, it eventually drained.

So eventually it will drain! You get a very few points when you hit all 3 different skill targets while doing this, so the points earned are negligible.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Dang, would have liked to join, somehow I missed the sign up. Good luck all! Next time :). If you need an extra player I will play and the pics of my scores?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Dang, would have liked to join, somehow I missed the sign up. Good luck all! Next time :). If you need an extra player I will play and the pics of my scores?

Yeah, go ahead and play, post your scores here, and if I am able to drop you in place of anyone who doesn't play, I will.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, absolutely confirmed. I just played through, got earned an extra ball. I then shot and let it drain. Only took 2 times, without even raising the flippers, and it moved on to the next ball.

So I don't know if this is an issue on particular platforms or not, but on PC the ball WILL drain eventually. I'm saying "no" to one extra flip, and if waiting for it to drain doesn't work, then tilt out.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
On Wikipedia the phrase "making the rules up as you go along" links to this page.

Although the rule is still staying the same! Like I said, I can only speak for what happens on the PC. If only we had those tournament difficulty settings FarSight!

Members online

Members online