June TotM Groupings and Results

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Oh man, I could actually win this tourney. I can only hope SYT gets a house ball fest on Diner... :p

EDIT: Crap, never mind. Might not have ranked first, but at least SYT got a good score :)

I didn't. Let's just say with only one score missing from our Diner group, so far I've put up!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Also while I'm here, is there any chance we can do a makeup tournament for people who were unable to show up for one? That blank slate for March is still haunting me.

I don't have any provisions for that set up. Maybe for second season, but I'd have to check with Xanija to see if that's even possible with our tournament software. Will look into it, but for this season you're just gonna be haunted.

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Driving to costco today in Vegas, temperature said 116 deg F. Hot weather, unfortunately, not so hot play wise. Tried to get game in here and there doing errands, not recommended. But enjoyed as usual!
Scores:
Harley: 260,537,490. My best showing today, all for
Multiballs.
El dorado: 277,480. Outlane drain city of dreck. Not my game, don't understand rules, didn't practice. Enough said.
Diner: 8,062,970. Biggest disappointment. A few house balls. Wanted to break 20 mil. Oh well.
Ripley: 31,597,630. Second biggest disappointment. Not nearly enough jp's.
So there it is. Cheers and Till next time, keep flippin'

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey folks, when scores are posted later, please double check them. I've already been alerted of one, and I spotted another where they flip flopped the score. I don't double check them against what you post in this thread, so unless I am told or it clearly stands out as wrong (in this case an El Do score with a RBION score), I go off what you enter on the score form.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
May I have a drum roll please....
Harley-Davidson
Ripley's Believe It or Not
El Dorado
Diner

Yippee! I'm likin' this tourney! SYT, thank you for all that you are doing with this, I'm sure there's a lotta crap involved.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yippee! I'm likin' this tourney! SYT, thank you for all that you are doing with this, I'm sure there's a lotta crap involved.

I get almost as much a thrill hosting it as I do playing it. It brings a lot of us forum peeps into contact with each all in the name of fun, and I'd like to think it has affected the mood around this place. I certainly find myself recognizing more names and their personalities when I view various threads now.

I really would like to see it expand beyond those that visit the forum. I wonder if having to come onto the forum for all the info is a turn off to players that hear about the tourney through our podcast or Pinball Arcade's tweets. Anybody wanna build and host a BlahCade website?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
One hour to go, still missing 7 scores.
[MENTION=5416]johnnyray14[/MENTION], [MENTION=4839]Moirjb[/MENTION], [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION], [MENTION=1442]ccl78[/MENTION], [MENTION=3964]Buzz1126[/MENTION], [MENTION=2241]Extork[/MENTION], [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION]

make sure you log them in, guys.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Ok I finally finished. Everybodys talking bout how good they play with a couple beers in them. Well I normally do do too. So I played 1 game of harley, 389m and two games of el D. (tilted on ball one by accidentally hitting both up and side nudge keys at the same time when I had bonus hold AND just hit 3x...ouch ouch ouch cry cry cry) 887.630.
Then I went for a bbq and drinking beeers and tequila shots and cap'n morgans and what have you's. By the way the proper way to drink a tequila is o gather your friends, sprinkle the salt on all of them, down your shot then squeeze the lemon in a cascade all over them.
Ok not a good strategy and I played the rest of my games when I got back home and the scores were not as good either.
Well actually I guess 31m on diner isn't all to shabby but my game was so crappy, the score doesn't remtely reflect the crappiness.
Ripleys 102m does reflect the crappiness and pinwiz45b I'm so sorry I didn't put up a good match, you deserve better, I'm sure you put up a great game and I wanted you to make it feel worthwile, I was looking forward to this matchup. Sorry. I guess you'll take it anyway.
Yeah harley didn't go any better after the night out, about 30m second time. Ouch. But I streamed all my games and they're all saved on my twitch for a coule of days and after second harley was over I played some blues harmonica and guitar along with the "born to be wild" theme song, so it might be worth a watch and a listen anyway if you like some good old delta blues guitar and harp like me :)

www.twitch.tv/switch3tv

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
One hour to go, still missing 7 scores.
[MENTION=5416]johnnyray14[/MENTION], [MENTION=4839]Moirjb[/MENTION], [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION], [MENTION=1442]ccl78[/MENTION], [MENTION=3964]Buzz1126[/MENTION], [MENTION=2241]Extork[/MENTION], [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION]

make sure you log them in, guys.

Oh, F**K. I did submit them at around 21:30 CEST yesterday. Everything went fine and I got the "thank you for playing" message. [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]: can I PM them to you?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, all results are posted! In the end, we only had 3 players not report scores, for a grand total of 37 players.

Congrats to Switch3flip and lazmama who tied for 1st place, and Gus (again?) for his 3rd place finish.

Gus also has a pretty solid lead on first place for the season, but 2nd and 3rd place are gonna come down to the wire. Make sure you all play in the season finally next month, or watch your score plummet!

Thanks again to FarSight for the TAF codes and to Bonzo for the Steam key. Next month we'll have more codes to give as well as the Randy 'Macho Man' Savage custom shooter rod from Wizard Amusements. You remember, this...

CEIMYv8XIAAKB3b.jpg

Hope everyone is having fun, I appreciate any and all feedback, and we'll see you on July 25th for the next BlahCade Tournament of the Month!

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i knew i was going to do very poorly this time around. these were 4 tables that I rarely play. thanks syt for the time and effort you put into this every month. also thanks for the taf pro code! now I have a reason to buy a ps4.

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
Fun tournament and congrats to the winners and to shutyertrap for a smooth running tournament once again.
Finally one of my favourite tables Diner showed up in a tournament so I really enjoyed this one and it shows in my score compared to Ripley's which I hardly ever play. Diner must be one of the tables I have played most since it was released. Really fits my playing style I guess and with dx11 it also looks really good.

Moirjb

Oct 25, 2014
HD - 168,013,430
Rip - 6,968,000
ED - 344,440
Di - 1,257,950

Sorry, just trying figure out how this works... :)

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
Congrats to Switch3flip and lazmama who tied for 1st place, and Gus (again?) for his 3rd place finish.

What the what?! That was unexpected! :D I was pretty satisfied with 3 out of 4 of my scores, but my Diner score was the pits! Being a "B" player has its perks - I was very lucky in my groupings.

Thank you SYT for running/organizing a fun tournament. I will definitely be back next month, and really looking forward to the start of a new season.

This league can really put up some amazing scores. I have a lot to learn. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.