Just a vent.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Man oh man.

It's just a shame that Farsight cannot support their console versions even close to the extent that Steam is supported. For example, Wii U version released with bugs, promising a update/fix. 360 and PS 3 owners never getting the tables released, or XB one, then PS4 owners complaining of issues...

I think Steam/PC support from them has been very good. Buying on Steam seems to be the best bang or the buck. They are awesome on there, and I am not criticizing them.

It is just unfortunate that console players don't get that level of support, tourneys, and updates. It's like night and day. I get the realities of the biz, but the fact that it's soooo much different ends up making PC the only way to invest in TPA, for people who think the smart phone or tablet is a crappy way to play. :(

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
They've stated in the past that the console releases are more problematic as they have to jump through a lot of hoops to get the updates released. On Steam they can just release updates as needed. I know at one point there was also an additional fee they had to pay the console companies for any releases/updates they made. No fees on Steam. So I thought they switched to releasing a large batch of tables at a time (a full/half season?) on the consoles to help mitigate those problems.

No idea what's going on with the 360 and PS3 though. 360 is 19 tables behind and PS3 is 10. Might not be cost effective to support those anymore. I imagine most people have moved on to the XboxOne or PS4 with their prices being so low of late.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
No idea what's going on with the 360 and PS3 though. 360 is 19 tables behind and PS3 is 10. Might not be cost effective to support those anymore. I imagine most people have moved on to the XboxOne or PS4 with their prices being so low of late.

That's probably it. Those are yesterday's platforms with a dwindling install base as the current gen grows. It may be costing FS more to produce those tables than they're bringing in.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts