Lack of Addams Family info/news!!!???

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Funny to read this, I had the exact same wish back in my VP days, do you remember the short-lived JPG pins? The great graphical and table building & design by both and the meticulousness from GRONI in tuning everything until it played absolutely perfect was a great combination. I also thought JPSalas was retired from table making? Now you made me go visit VPforums.org again! :)

Yeah, I remember a few of them, though they were like Roger Waters and David Gilmore.
There was a really nice Monopoly table at the Hyperpin forums as well that implemented flash or something, the table seemed to cripple quite a few very competent machines at the time.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Dont think I have ever been this excited about getting a new table than this one.
48 hours to go

Hope the world doesnt end tomorrow :p

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Dont think I have ever been this excited about getting a new table than this one.
48 hours to go

I'm honestly not that excited about it. I mean, yeah, it's going to be cool to finally have it, but as far as EXCITEMENT goes, I think that will be reserved for something like TSPP.

Again, I'm just not that fond of Lawlor tables.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I'm honestly not that excited about it. I mean, yeah, it's going to be cool to finally have it, but as far as EXCITEMENT goes, I think that will be reserved for something like TSPP.

Again, I'm just not that fond of Lawlor tables.

Still way better than the first four tables this season

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I have it in beta and haven't been able to stop playing. I've said it all along, it has less to do with the actual gameplay (which is fun and all) and more to do with the theming. I'm not sick at all of the music or the callouts, even on marathon sessions. Take a table like Creature that I can do marathons on, and the music and callouts drive me nuts. Nope, TAF just takes me to a happy place.

I also think a lot has to do with nostalgia. TSPP being mentioned, well I have zero nostalgia for that table. I've played it a few times recently, but it has no impact on me the way TAF and some other older tables do. It's not a knock on the table itself, just I don't think it carries near the same weight.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
True, atleast we've got High Speed 2 to look forward to in March. And then who knows what else? I think it's more exciting when you don't know whats coming to be honest.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I have it in beta and haven't been able to stop playing. I've said it all along, it has less to do with the actual gameplay (which is fun and all) and more to do with the theming. I'm not sick at all of the music or the callouts, even on marathon sessions. Take a table like Creature that I can do marathons on, and the music and callouts drive me nuts. Nope, TAF just takes me to a happy place.

I also think a lot has to do with nostalgia. TSPP being mentioned, well I have zero nostalgia for that table. I've played it a few times recently, but it has no impact on me the way TAF and some other older tables do. It's not a knock on the table itself, just I don't think it carries near the same weight.

SYT, totally agree. I think the voicing acting that Raul Julia brought to this table is top notch. Every one of his callouts is perfect, and has so much appropriate energy. Just hit the Jackpot, Double Jackpot and Triple Jackpot and you'll hear his range.

Such a consummate professional actor, even on a gaming project.

KingNeptune

Feb 8, 2013
I kinda liked Jurassic Park - understand licensing is probably prohibitive but wondering why it hasn't been mentioned here at all (as far as I've looked).

Maybe with the release of JP4 FS can work a promotional deal with Universal, et al.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I kinda liked Jurassic Park - understand licensing is probably prohibitive but wondering why it hasn't been mentioned here at all (as far as I've looked).

Maybe with the release of JP4 FS can work a promotional deal with Universal, et al.

JPark doesn't get a lot of love around here. fun nostalgic table for me.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Before having access to all these tables all at once, I never recognized the Pat Lawlor fingerprint until now. The loop to/thru a forest of bumpers, the upper flip to ramp shot, the shot to a target at the back of a dead end, the double inlane, all used on his tables. I never got into RBIoN, got tired of FunHouse, and Earthshaker was boring from the get go.

But for some reason, everything just works, and works well, in TAF. You kids are gonna love it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
JPark is nothing more than a Lawlor clone. On top of that it has hideously loud music and call outs. Always felt the table was just yelling at me. Add in my distaste for Data East...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts