Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Almost 12 am NYC, got update 1.01 on Vita and installed it hours ago, but no tables yet ... and to think, here I thought I would spend my first night with my new bride (of PinBot) seems she did get cold feet after all !!!! It was bad enough all those i-phonies and androids got to play with my lady and taint her before my wedding day .... now on top of that, I get jilted at the alter!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE DLC Tables Pack #1 featuring Medieval Madness and The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot is AVAILABLE NOW! on the PS Vita (NA). I promise... :)

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Based on what a few people are currently saying about this update, you might want to wait for others to chime in to get a better idea as to whether you want to update your vita or not....

Artwork/graphics on some (all?) original tables is funked up to the point where it's an unplayable eyesore. See TOM example in vita forum- the table is an artistic nightmare/something went horribly wrong.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
MM and Pinbot don't have the borked texture problem, but TOTAN and TOM still do. I think MM still has the flipper gap issue which surprised me. I thought that would be fixed before they released it on Vita for sure. I think I might delete everything and re-download it to see if that fixes the graphics.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
T two new tables are great, i love them thanks Farsight. Know we just need the next 2 DLC with Funhouse and Circus Voltaire, Gorgar and Monster Bash i will be happy for quite a while.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I really wish Farsight would have been able to add extra team members to handle "the other" systems (iPod, Android, Kindle, Mac), because it seems to be slowing down their progress on the major systems.

I just want to play some nice tables on a 55" HDTV so I thought the PS3 would have been a good choice to stick with.

I'm also a PS3 user who wants to enjoy some new tables on my 55" HDTV. Hopefully if everything goes according to Farsight's plans we will have 4 new tables to play on June 26th. This is their first DLC for PS3 and 360 so once they get the first ones out the rest *should* flow better.

As for the *other* systems the reality is that they ARE the major systems now. There's a lot more iOS users and Android users out there than there are PS3 and 360 users combined. On top of that the consoles have the hardest DLC reviews not to mention that at 5-6 weeks they are 4-5 weeks longer than iOS and Android markets.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
As for the *other* systems the reality is that they ARE the major systems now. There's a lot more iOS users and Android users out there than there are PS3 and 360 users combined. On top of that the consoles have the hardest DLC reviews not to mention that at 5-6 weeks they are 4-5 weeks longer than iOS and Android markets.

Sony and MS no longer have an oligopoly. They need to change their policies to reflect this.

Evilpenguinj

May 24, 2012
I was playing MM on my vita and I noticed that it slowed down in multiball. Has anyone else had this issue?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I was playing MM on my vita and I noticed that it slowed down in multiball. Has anyone else had this issue?

I've had slowdowns on ToM during multi-ball when many things are happening at once. Multi-ball going on and then the magic box is turning because I just got the jackpot, the table is saying what time it is because I just advanced the time and I've just spelled theater so its about to turn the box again and say "theater complete". Seems to go to a half speed lurching kind of motion before recovering to normal again.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's buried in a post by "Jordi Oliveras Bosch" halfway down the FB page, but FarSight has announced that Sony Europe has approved the PS3 version. The Vita version is apparently hung up on minor technical issues, FS is arguing those currently.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Xbox 360 gets DLC Table Packs #1, #2, and #3 in early July...The PS3 European version has been approved and a release date should be announced shortly...The PS Vita European version was rejected and will require resubmission...The Mac version was rejected because of Apple not wanting a DEMO available on the MAC, so it's been resubmitted without the DEMO and should be available by the end of next week...The PC version is coming along nicely and an announcement should be made soon...FarSight plans to resume work on the 3DS version after some of the console releases are out of the way.

I'll update the News post later tonight when I get off work.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
@FarSight...Is that correct that Xbox 360 will get all three DLC Table Packs together, or did you guys mean DLC Tables Pack #3 would be released shortly after the first two?

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
But wait, according to a bunch of conspiracy theorists, the 360 DLC can't come out after the PS3. There must be some mistake right? :rolleyes:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The thing is, there is still no hard date for any of the DLC for the Xbox 360, so we could still see Microsoft push out the first two packs on June 26th and the third pack two weeks after that (since they now have that one in their possession as well). We'll have to wait till the end of this month to see how it all shakes out.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I'm an iPhone only user.....DON'T LYNCH ME!!!!

But I gotta say I feel for you console guys :(

Do you think they're coining in so much $ in the mobile/tablet space that they're not so fussed re.consoles/PCs anymore?

Does appear a little odd...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm an iPhone only user.....DON'T LYNCH ME!!!!

But I gotta say I feel for you console guys :(

Do you think they're coining in so much $ in the mobile/tablet space that they're not so fussed re.consoles/PCs anymore?

Does appear a little odd...

I currently have all tables on my HTC EVO 3D, so I'm good, but I also feel for those who only have a console and are still waiting for the first DLC to show up.

FarSight is just as concerned about consoles as they are about mobile devices, the thing is, they don't have to wait 4-6 weeks for approval on mobile, so it makes it look like FarSight is favoring mobile devices when in reality, they are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts