Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
UPDATE Added info and release time frame for next iOS update.

Great to hear that we won't have to wait long for a BH fix. I was a bit worried we wouldn't see it till the next DLC, but thankfully that's not the case.

Those Kickstarter stats are a great touch too, PW. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Great to hear that we won't have to wait long for a BH fix. I was a bit worried we wouldn't see it till the next DLC, but thankfully that's not the case.

Those Kickstarter stats are a great touch too, PW. :)

I'm glad you like the stats. I'm just trying to provide as much information on The Twilight Zone kickstarter project as possible, so everyone can see how well it's doing at any given time. Also, thanks for continuously posting a link to this NEWS thread on FarSight's TPA Facebook Wall which I'm sure has contributed greatly to the over 32,000 hits this thread has gotten in barely two months. :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I like all the updates, but one of the most important, which they haven't mentioned at all, are physics retooling. The physics have been found to be lacking, particularly the ball bouncing off the flippers, making many flipper maneuvers impossible. Virtual arcades and plunger cams are nice, but I'd rather see better physics first, and I've not heard any official announcements regarding this yet.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I like all the updates, but one of the most important, which they haven't mentioned at all, are physics retooling. The physics have been found to be lacking, particularly the ball bouncing off the flippers, making many flipper maneuvers impossible. Virtual arcades and plunger cams are nice, but I'd rather see better physics first, and I've not heard any official announcements regarding this yet.

Cirqus Voltaire and BoP at least seem to have some improvements in physics, but MM definitely seems more bouncy than the real machine. I don't recall the ball bouncing off the left flipper like it does when I hold it down for super skill shot on a real machine. Personally, while I understand ball control can lessen some need for nudging, I feel that's also a very important thing that should be updated for moblie platforms that has been around since day one. I noticed, unlike 360, I have to nudge left to nudge right and vice versa. The swipe nudge does make this easier with being able to control the strength of the nudge, but the inconsistant nudging is very awkward, especially when it can be hard to tell which side will nudge.

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012

Farsight did state a few months ago that they were aware that the flipper physics needed work and they plan to address this at a later stage. IMO it's likely that they will address this once they have released stable builds on all different formats.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Online Multiplayer COMING SOON! and posted information on why there is no Table of the Month for the Kindle Fire's initial release.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
source?

i only check the fb page and the page here so it would be cool if you could include the source of your information.

thanks!

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I know i have to be patient, but i am starting to worry. But is there a tiny chance we in europe wont see this game at all on psn?

(lots of games we dont have in this time zone compared to usa)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
It will be in Europe soon. We're still waiting on SCEE (Sony Computer Entertaintment Europe) to approve it. Microsoft approves games for worldwide, Nintendo and Sony have separate approvals for each region. Unfortunatly it always seems like Europe's region is slower to approve and more picky.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Than i can buy it for my ps3. I already have it on my usa account en i can play it on my nl account. But i will buy it again from the nl store so i have give extra money to farsight. We can not pay for the twilight zone kickstart :-(

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
source?

i only check the fb page and the page here so it would be cool if you could include the source of your information.

thanks!

I would really prefer not to clutter my News post by citing sources for everything I post. I assure you that I only post news and information that comes directly from FarSight. If anyone ever sees any miss information (FarSight included), please bring it to my attention.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
PINWIZ...I FOUND HER I FOUND HER!!!

MissInfoAtHerDesk.jpg

deathindustrial

Apr 14, 2012
Pin Wiz, have FarSight acknowledged any of the bugs with their various tables?

It would be awesome to have a confirmed bug list from them (Black Hole on PS3 is a mess for example).

Cheers

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
I would really prefer not to clutter my News post by citing sources for everything I post. I assure you that I only post news and information that comes directly from FarSight. If anyone ever sees any miss information (FarSight included), please bring it to my attention.

I don't think it would be any clutter to post a link to the info.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Pin Wiz, have FarSight acknowledged any of the bugs with their various tables?

It would be awesome to have a confirmed bug list from them (Black Hole on PS3 is a mess for example).

Cheers

Funny you should ask...I was actually thinking about making a bug thread to keep track of bugs that were reported, acknowledged by FarSight and fixed, but realised it would be a bit too much for me since there are so many varying bugs on various devices.

Concerning the Black Hole bug, FarSight will be submitting an update to Apple this week that includes a fix for said bug and should be available by the end of next week.

@superballs...Thanks for reporting the "miss" information. :) It should have actually read "misinformation."

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE The next Android update addressing performance issues should be available tomorrow evening.

N

Nik Barbour

UPDATE The next Android update addressing performance issues should be available tomorrow evening.

Thanks for the news PinWiz - I've been looking out for this one.
Thanks for keeping us all updated - Awesome job as always!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Good news for apple users,

Sorry PinWiz, didn't mean to be a grammar nazi but that was too good to pass up.
Now farsight just needs to invent a time machine to make mid-june get here quicker.

MM on XBLA, i'm dying here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts