Launch without configuration utility?

N

netizen

If you don't want the selection menu for play/config, and you don't want to play in offline mode, here's how I bypass it in win 7 x64; you may have to modify your shorcut to point it to where you have steam installed.

Set steam to run when windows starts, or make sure that steam is already running; whichever is your preference.

make a short cut to "C:/Program%20Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/PinballArcade/PinballArcade.exe" on your desktop, or wherever you need the shortcut to be.

So long as Steam is already running you will not be prompted to select play/config and TPA will just start, you'll go straight to the press to begin screen.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I know Steam is a great distribution platform for TPA and all that, but since having in my cabinet I feel like I have a bad cold that I just can't shake off. The way it pops up an advert every now again gives the impression of Spyware. In some way it's like you have to pay protection money (in the form of adverts) to play a game that you have paid for. In simple terms it's a big pain in the a*se.

The advertisements only appear on the Table of the Month if you don't own it.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
The advertisements only appear on the Table of the Month if you don't own it.

I don't get TPA adverts as I own everything and they would be fine with me anyhow - it's pinball :). The adverts I am talking about are coming from Steam for different games, monthly offers, etc. In the cabinet it is a pain.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
I don't get TPA adverts as I own everything and they would be fine with me anyhow - it's pinball :). The adverts I am talking about are coming from Steam for different games, monthly offers, etc. In the cabinet it is a pain.

Unmark this:

Steam>Settings>Interface>Notify me about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.