Bug Leaderboard exploit discussion

Luobo

Mar 19, 2013
Email just received.....

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We have
confirmed the bug and are going to put a fix in for it asap.

Please respond to this message if more information is requested or required.

Thank you,
Pinball Arcade Support

I wouldn't hold my breath. Bug's been around for who knows how long (six months? longer?) and I got in touch with FS two patches ago. Bug's still there.

Luobo

Mar 19, 2013
After the latest update I can no longer abuse the bug.

-fix android back button before table loads issue that was causing the wrong logo to be displayed and scores to be posted.

Cat's officially out of the bag then I guess, and we're free to discuss how the bug actually worked. All it took was the press of a single button (1!) while the game was loading to totally mess up the leader board of every table in the game.

Since the menu system is so clumsy - you can't simply tap the table you want to play, you must scroll through the list of tables until the one you want to play appears in the center, and then tap it - I'm surprised not everyone ended up discovering the bug after accidentally loading the wrong table and immediately pressing the back button.

The bug had two major "benefits": 1) You could load up AFM, cancel, go to another table, which would make AFM start, but with the logo and scoring going towards the last selected table, for easy high scores. You'd get the HofF-points as well.

hQZqLIn.jpg

2) Or you could go to a table you hadn't purchased (shown below, I didn't own WH20), and play it for basically as long as you wanted without having to worry about hitting the scoring limit.

CEayEr4.jpg

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
why, how and what gets you off by posting bogus scores? pathetic.
Calm down, sir! Even the very title of the thread shows he's not trying to pull a fast one on anybody. As others have said, he's the one who first reported the issue so that it could be fixed.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I did notice some offender's names are gone tho'. Like "okurgaaah" and "dumbass admin". That last one is such an a-hole, he did that just to spite this forum. In all of the internets, this little forum was his target. Talk about pathetic.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
That was not the way I accidentally transposed my score from CCanyon to SpShuttle in the tournament before last. I hope they fixed the way I did it. :confused:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Everything is fine. I tried to low ball my Central Park score to BOP and didn't work. I think the leaderboards are trustworthy now.

That is great news.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Good to know this is fixed! Looks like they've cleared out most of the really obviously bug-generated scores from the leaderboards, too. : )

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Speaking of which. In the latest newsletter, they've announced the winners of the most recent tournament. With the rampant score faking, I wonder how FS filtered out the badguys.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I have a problem with the thread title to not trust ANY highscores thats some BS! my scores are legit :) easy way to tell if thier a HACK (mobile) is by it :p if only the leaderboards were seperate.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts