Leaderboards down for maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Does anyone know what is going on with the leaderboards? They have been down for maintenance for quite a while now.

My wishes:
* Tournament difficulty on select tables with separate leaderboards.
* Fix bug on POTO where grand champ score doesn't post to leaderboard, but crashes game and disables remote backups.
* Fix roll-over score "bugs" on a lot of tables, especially for tournaments. Make it possible to see point total in game while at it!
* HOF scores based on total score (leaderboard score) instead of what is stored locally, which is probably tied to ROM settings. Make HOF score attainable on all platforms at the same time.
* Platform used visible on leaderboards.
* Purge hacked and glitched scores.

What are you guys hoping for?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
My wishes:
* Fix roll-over score "bugs" on a lot of tables, especially for tournaments. Make it possible to see point total in game while at it!
* Platform used visible on leaderboards.
* Purge hacked and glitched scores.

What are you guys hoping for?

Displaying the actual score in-game is obviously limited to the capabilities of the original ROM. What Farsight could do is to superimpose another display in-game to echo the full score. The score is tracked somehow so the final score can be tallied, so it may be available real-time. I'll leave the issue of an already crowded game screen alone for now.

Platform used would be cool.

And like we've suggested on the BlahCade podcast before (and others have mentioned several times in the forum) the leaderboards should just be auto-purged each <arbitrary period>. It would keep gameplay fresh and drive people to go for high scores again. Similar to how an operator can reset scores on a real pinball based on number of plays.

In an arcade, after [250|500|750|1000] plays the game leaderboards are reset so customers need to re-play the table and log more high scores (driving more money into the cashbox). Just because we don't have to use coins to play, doesn't mean we don't like fresh competition and the chase to the top.

I know that the Hearthstone game clears leaderboards every month, and [MENTION=3]Jeff Strong[/MENTION] tells me that there is always a spike in gameplay after they are reset while everyone vies for the top spot. Wouldn't it be cool to see the leaderboard constantly changing each month? It would also make hacking the leaderboards pretty boring.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There's a bit of discussion on this over in the Top 40 Players thread. Including comments from the FS web dev doing the work.

There's definitely security stuff going in. Not sure what else.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
There's a bit of discussion on this over in the Top 40 Players thread. Including comments from the FS web dev doing the work.

There's definitely security stuff going in. Not sure what else.
Discussion begins at http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php?p=199373 and continues from there.

I'll lock this for now seeing as this is technically now a double-up post. Thanks for the tip [MENTION=4106]EldarOfSuburbia[/MENTION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts