PC - Bug Lost all progress after update or reinstallation?

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
I lost all progress I don´t know if it´s due to the last whodunnit update or if it was my reinstallation of windows. I did not delete the old one and I started steam from that so didn´t have to reinstall pinball arcade. But now after launching no progress is saved I had to redo my keys etc?

how do I recover the save file and where to put it if it´s something with that.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
nobody have any idea if there is some hidden safe file or something somewhere or if there been a physics update which remove all completed goals?

gonzo

Aug 27, 2013
Update aren't designed to erase your progresses. It would be a shameful error from Farsight, absolutely counterproductive. And as you can see, you're the only one reporting this issue. So I'm pretty sure it's your "reinstallation" that is to blame. I don't know what your concept of "reinstallation" is, for us IT guys reinstalling windows means formatting the hard drive, then installing a brand new copy of windows. Don't bother clarifying the notion as I'm quite the orthodox IT guy with zero patience for users biases. I guess that's what makes me an IT guy.

Ask yourself one question: have you asked steam to save your gamedatas (the option can be found in your game library, right click pinball arcade)? Obviously you didn't or this thread would never have been created. This was just a rhetorical question with a little trick inside that might help you in the future.

The default location for the HighScores file (for win7 at least) is C:\Users\USERNAME\My Games\Pinball Arcade (USERNAME has to be replaced with the name you use to open your windows session). Do a file search using the windows built in search engine. From there two possibilities:

- you find one and only one HighScores file then it should be the default file created by TPA and you're screwed. Well, half screwed in fact as the file can easily be edited with a text editor (not the windows default one, try Notepad++) so you might correct all this by hand. I never tried it though so I don't guarantee it will work. If you tried editing it and TPA fail to launch then simply erase the file it should be created again at the next TPA launch.

- you find two HighScores files, then the older is the one you're looking for, simply paste it where the most recent is and you're done.

Hope this will help you troubleshoot my friend.

Last edited:

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Thanks I kept my old installation of course but something got wrong anyway it appears. I do have some annoying cloud saving going on also though I don´t trust that to work.. I don´t really care about high scores I just want my table goals completed maybe there is a cheat for that.

I did find some other thread with similar problem had already tried copying files over but to no success.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts