Lousy magna-save position

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
The Magna-Save buttons will be transferred to the Bottom Two corners

Good news! How about Launch as per Jared?
(PS. I take it this'll be iOS and Droid?).

Also....any work on HOW this slipped through testing?
As offered multiple times...WE'RE HERE TO HELP WITH TESTING! :)

Andy

SoonPoker

Jul 19, 2012
Will the "Launch Ball" button also receive the same treatment? Playing games like Monster Bash and Medievil Madness makes it very hard to hit the Launch Ball button in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Ho yes please, yes !!!

Too many balls were lost while trying to use this @[^@[##{~#{^ launch button !

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
By adding these buttons, nudge has also become problematic, the area you need to hit to nudge the table is now much narrower due to the reserved space near the top for those buttons.

Can we have actual flipper buttons on the bottom corners please?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I concur with having "ghost" buttons. Even moveable ones so we can customise where nudging/special buttons are. I don't care if the zone for hitting flippers is smaller to allow for more buttons, just let us know where said zones are.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
By adding these buttons, nudge has also become problematic, the area you need to hit to nudge the table is now much narrower due to the reserved space near the top for those buttons.

Can we have actual flipper buttons on the bottom corners please?

I concur with having "ghost" buttons. Even moveable ones so we can customise where nudging/special buttons are. I don't care if the zone for hitting flippers is smaller to allow for more buttons, just let us know where said zones are.

+1 to all the things!

In the meantime, darkuni posted his Wiimote controller How-to in the Android thread.

If you are on Android, and you have superuser, you can use a hardware controller to flip, use magnasave, and tilt. If you want to use analog sticks for plunger control, try sixaxis from the Play Store. It uses the PS3 controller, and also has screen-to-button mapping functionality.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
bottom corners will definitely be an improvement, but I think another natural place to put the "buttons" would be on the playfield itself, right where the magnets are. That would be fairly intuitive, easy to to reach, and wouldn't even require actual button graphics. It'd also mean they'd be above the flippers, which would feel natural since that's how they're placed on the real machines. Could always have multiple options, of course, but I think that's where I'd prefer them.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
Just bought this table and am a real BK pinball owner so I'm pretty picky about the game of course.

+1 to the need to make those magna save buttons usable... looking forward to that, adjustable areas where they are located would be nice. I play in portrait on the iPad 3 and I have large hands ( I can palm an iPad...lol) ... but my long fingers can't reach these buttons easily.

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
I want to thank FarSight Studios for being so responsive to our needs. It's nice to see a company truly interested in their customers and products.

Now, I have to make sure I don't accidentally activate magna-save :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The magna-save buttons on the bottom now. I still don't like it. On iPad anyway. Who plays that way? Who decides to hold a tablet so that 90% of the weight is up top? While playing, there's no time to reach down and hit those in time, so I have to play with my hands way down there. Tap to nudge is out of the question holding it like that. Shake to nudge is really a fun thing to do when holding your tablet by the bottom. I don't know why I bought this table. There's nowhere to place those buttons satisfyingly.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.