Loving this table (Android and iOS)

night

May 18, 2012
Btw, is it me or are the outlanes unforgiven? :) It's so hard to keep the ball in field!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yeah those outlanes are tough. There seems to be no time to react to a ball heading for the outlanes. The ball doesn't pause to think like it does on some tables. She just dive right in with gusto.

N

Nik Barbour

New second favourite TPA table now. It's seriously eating into BK's play time, despite having played this to death in WPHOF.

It's also muscled its way into my top 3 real tables I'd love to own, and there is a very good one sat on ebay for a week - buy it now £750.
I can't......... Damn it!

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Yeah those outlanes are tough. There seems to be no time to react to a ball heading for the outlanes. The ball doesn't pause to think like it does on some tables. She just dive right in with gusto.

As I said elsewhere, the outlanes on Star Trek: TNG are of essentially the same design as the left one on Firepower, and they're deadly too. There's no rubber post at the end of the inlane/outlane divider, and it's recessed a bit behind the lane entrance. If the ball is coming in nearly horizontally, there's no way it's going to choose the inlane. Fear the wrath of Steve Ritchie.

On ST:TNG, though, the kickback on the left is much more helpful, because it's more persistent, and the ball seems to kick out at a higher angle. On Firepower, the kickback tends to send the ball ricocheting between the slingshots, and often as not it'll just fly right back into the left outlane before long (which now has the kickback deactivated).

The only thing for it is to try to keep the ball away from those trajectories entirely, by making the orbit and lock shots. Part of what makes it so hard is that, in TPA, I don't think there's a functioning up-push nudge.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I love this table on PHOF (Wii) but I find the TPA version far less enjoyable. As others have pointed out, the outlanes are just brutal on this version. It also seems like the bumpers don't react properly sometimes. The other thing I don't like is that this table has some great bass heavy sound effects that no tablet's speakers can reasonably reproduce. This obviously isn't FarSight's fault but it does slightly detract from the experience. I guess I could use headphones or external speakers but it's easier just to play the more enjoyable PHOF version.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The other thing I don't like is that this table has some great bass heavy sound effects that no tablet's speakers can reasonably reproduce.
My N10 does bass just fine :)

I can feel the heart beat from Gorgar through my fingers!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.