Bug Mac Version 1.0.2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdullah786

Jun 10, 2012
There have been lot's of bugs after the new updated. I found the flippers on Black Hole to be all screwy, they are like half of the normal height and when I play in the lower playfield I can see through the table, noticed the same thing on Ripleys in the bozo's sinkhole that I can see through the table and it looks really horrible.
I also had like 10 extra balls on black hole somehow and I had like 5,000,000 points. I tried to upload to the leaderboard even though it was kind of a bogus score and then the whole game crashed..

Oenta

Jul 10, 2012
Hello guys, i got a question relating the ps3 gamepad. I have a macbook pro running lion and the latest version of pinball arcade. Its running super smooth but i cant use it with my ps3 gamepad. Has someone got it working with the latest version of TPA?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Has anyone played both the PS3 and Mac versions of these tables?

Although the screen shots look cool, they don't appear to be as smooth or have any of the lighting effects of the PS3 version.
They sort of remind me between the differences from TWPHOF and TPA.

Oenta

Jul 10, 2012
its supports the PS3 joystick, witch is very cool.

how did you make it to work with TPA? my TPA doesnt want to even open up when plugged in using the usb cable or using bluetooth.
Please fix the controls Farsight!

bonch

May 24, 2012
Has anyone played both the PS3 and Mac versions of these tables?

Although the screen shots look cool, they don't appear to be as smooth or have any of the lighting effects of the PS3 version.
They sort of remind me between the differences from TWPHOF and TPA.

The Mac version appears to be using the iOS version's lighting still, but the Level of Detail option seems to offer more detailed textures (just look at Black Hole with it on). The Post Processing option gives mixed results, darkening tables like Bride of Pinbot while desaturating to an absurd level on tables like Arabian Nights (and in either case it still doesn't resemble the console lighting).

But I'm very happy that the Mac version has DLC and that the tables play just as great as they do on iOS.

bonch

May 24, 2012
The first shot has Level of Detail set to 1, the second set to 2.

AredT.jpg

2lUg0.jpg

The bumper geometry suffers, but I still prefer it set to 2.

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
Also seeing some weirdness where the HUD does not relocate to the top left corner when you move to fullscreen, and instead just sits there in the same place, which is now the middle of the table. Exiting and going back into the table seems to fix it. If I figure out an exact pattern, I'll post it.

(Running at 1920 x 1080.)

J_R

May 31, 2012
how did you make it to work with TPA? my TPA doesnt want to even open up when plugged in using the usb cable or using bluetooth.
Please fix the controls Farsight!
well I’m not sure, along time ago i did this,
1. Open bluetooth system preferences.
2. pressing PSX button. 3. Then enter anything (xxxx)
4. Now you should see PS3 Controller "Connected" in that list of Bluetooth devices. Select 'add favourite' in the little gear and then update services.
5. IMPORTANT: Turn off Bluetooth right away before it asks to pair all over again. The lights on the controller should stop flashing. Turn Bluetooth back on.
6. Press PSX button once and it should pair. The lights will start flashing and stay flashing.

But i also got gamePad companion installed so I’m not sure what it is that makes it work.now i just plug in the ps3 joystick via USB and everything works, nudge,flippers everything

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
Holy ****! I never noticed, that you can press the analogue sticks... This is working on the Logitec Joypad too...

However, this is nothing which is playable. I was not able to use the left flipper without nudging... Now i always get a tilt, or lose the ball...

I now use Joystick Mapper from the App Store to map the left and right shift keys to the shoulder keys. With this setup The Pinball Arcade is very playable on the Mac.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
In portrait mode settings menu doesn't display properly, the first 3 items are displayed in the same location, overlapping each other (post processing, detail level, lock to 30 fps). It's nearly impossible to change these settings:

Mf0Osy

Last edited:

Howard Sayles

Jun 5, 2012
With a heavy heart I have to report they seem to have ported the iOS DLC with the previously reported bugs still there. The two musical sound tracks play at the same time in 'Fun House'. This problem was reported a long time ago. Sigh. Too much, too soon. FarSight seem to have spread themselves too thinly.

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
I would like to share my experiences if I may.
So I was quiet excited when I saw the update and 5 minutes after updating and playing I was incredibly pissed off. I'm certainly not a person who would complain all the time and I have always been very patient but this make me sort of angry/disappointed.

I'm playing TPA on my 13" MacBook Pro.
Problems I've experienced:
-godawful sound quality. It was improved with the first update but it still sounds very bad especially after checking out a few ps3/xbox ingame videos on youtube. There is a MASSIVE difference. The console versions are clear, crispy, a real joy whereas the mac is like listening to an old mistuned radio.
-flipper lag. Again, this makes the whole game unplayable. Weirdly, some table seems to have better flipper reaction then the others (Funhouse is the best from this aspect)
-graphic problems. I cannot seem to be able to set the graphic in a way that the game would run smoothly. I don't know if this is because of my video card. Before the last update applying the lock to 30 fps option prompted me a smooth gameplay but now it won't do the trick.

As much as I'm a massive fan of TPA, this version is absolutely useless. I know that even on this forum we have been told many times that this version is not recommended for macbook users but then why have not they warned us in the description? I certainly don't mind the money I spent on it (also bought every DLC on ios) as I'm proud to support they goal of preserving classic pinball tables but this is sort of...annoying.
Anyway, I'm optimistic and I really hope all these issues will be fixed sometime in the future.

Howard Sayles

Jun 5, 2012
Since downloading both DLC packs I have been forced to play in window mode on the Mac since when the game is in full screen mode the ball become very sluggish at times. I am playing on an iMac that is not two years old and has a good graphics processor. Before the update it used to play as smooth as silk in full screen. Can we get the 30 fps mode back please?

bonch

May 24, 2012
Since downloading both DLC packs I have been forced to play in window mode on the Mac since when the game is in full screen mode the ball become very sluggish at times. I am playing on an iMac that is not two years old and has a good graphics processor. Before the update it used to play as smooth as silk in full screen. Can we get the 30 fps mode back please?

Do you have Post Processing disabled?

TheTenthEnemy

Apr 25, 2012
Can we get the 30 fps mode back please?

It's still there, from the main menu (where you select which table to play) select "Options" then "Lock to 30fps." They just moved the option to within the game. From the sound of your computer though, it shouldn't be having any problems. There is probably a way to get it running in 60fps, the obvious places to start are closing anything running in the background (including from other users), and changing the in-game options like level of detail and post-processing. You may want to run Activity Monitor with the game running to see what is eating up your resources. If all else fails there is also the option of lowering the resolution of your iMac, but the game will look significantly worse than it does in 1080p, I only mention this because I personally would prefer an ugly game running at 60fps to a pretty one running at 30.

Howard Sayles

Jun 5, 2012
Thanks you both for your very helpful suggestions. I have taken your advice and TPA is running much more smoothly.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Is it just me or did TPA get a whole lot jerkier under Mountain Lion?

Nothing has changed setting wise from my last game which was smoooooooth on Lion, but now, not so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.