March table hinted at in newsletter?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
All we know for sure is what they said in the last newsletter;

" Next Month's Tables- Here's a Hint!

We have a table pack coming in March we think everyone will be very excited about. Here are some hints- can anyone guess the tables?

One new table has a connection with an area of the country we’ll be visiting next month. The other table is a re-release, and is based on a specific location somewhere completely different. "

See this thread for speculation

Last edited:

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I honestly think CC is a lock. I'll be pretty surprised if it's something else. I think the real speculative focus is on what the other table will be. People have made some good points and there are some good candidates.

some.nerd

Dec 18, 2012
I see all this excitement over Cactus Canyon, but is there no love for Cactus Jack's?
416f1.jpg

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Central park is a specific location in NY wich you could say is opposite of TX. I hope its not that table is worse than JIVE TIME.

It's a "space " themed table , and Cactus Canyon is "western" themed table , it's the kind of polar opposites they like to do in table packs .

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Cactus Canyon is highly likely, if they are going to Texas. Unfortunately, the most likely candidate for the re-release is Central Park.

I hope it's this combination. Everyone seems to love Cactus Canyon, including me. I just looked up Central Park in IPDB database and yikes! I am a great fan of the older tables, but this one does not look fun at all.

The reason I think this would be such a great pairing is that Cactus Canyon is the strongest game that FarSight is close to being ready for release and I would guess that Central Park is the weakest game Far Sight can release. At least Jive Time has a post in the middle of the flippers that can save the ball, where Central Park looks like a "Drain Monster" supreme.

For me, if that is the combination, CC and CP, I will be distracted playing CC most of the time and CP will just gather dust.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Cactus Canyon looks so fun. Always loved the western theme but have never played that table before. As far as the second table? Just a matter of personal opinion but I'm not a big fan of the older tables. Especially table before the 80's.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
If it is CENTRAL PARK that means not only is it scripted but its a re-pro of a saved file not the PHYSICAL machine, that bothers me. SHORT CUT!

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I could be dense, but why does 'scripting' seem to always be used in a negative manner when referring to older tables? Of course, for newer (SS) tables you want emulation to ensure that the exact same ruleset, lights, etc. are in place. It's not like the scripting/emulation control the physics. For older tables, there's nothing to emulate. It's simply a matter of programming, or scripting, the logic of the table rules that were originally handled by relays and switches and what not, which aren't usually as complicated as more recent machines. Am I missing something?

If the connection to Texas is via Mission Control then I'd certainly welcome Space Shuttle (wanna see Space Station as well). In any event, still rooting for Central Park.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I could be dense, but why does 'scripting' seem to always be used in a negative manner when referring to older tables? Of course, for newer (SS) tables you want emulation to ensure that the exact same ruleset, lights, etc. are in place. It's not like the scripting/emulation control the physics. For older tables, there's nothing to emulate. It's simply a matter of programming, or scripting, the logic of the table rules that were originally handled by relays and switches and what not, which aren't usually as complicated as more recent machines. Am I missing something?

If the connection to Texas is via Mission Control then I'd certainly welcome Space Shuttle (wanna see Space Station as well). In any event, still rooting for Central Park.

The only problem with Space Shuttle is that it is a re-release and they said the re-release would not be a location they are travelling to. Although Houston would be the city where the Johnson Space Center is and not Dallas. But Space Shuttle has no real references to any space center so "Space" would have to be the place. Of course if Cactus Canyon is the table released, I will be extremely disappointed with the clues they provided as it does not match the information they provided as hints.

Decade360

Dec 25, 2012
Texas you say? Home of the White Water Bay water park? And the White Water Ampitheatre? I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts