Marshmallow support?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Picked up a relaunched Shield K1 for Xmas, which was amazing value for £150uk. Upgraded it to MM 6.0 and stuck in a 32gb micro sd which in MM, integrates seamlessly with the devices internal memory. TPA plays great on it especially with the shield controller which is very nice.
I haven't been able to use TPA since may this year when I upgraded my other device to LP and it was so laggy it was unusable on a Note 4.

Only downside to playing on the shield is... TPA is as buggy as hell with MM. I've had one hell of a job getting my achievements to first transfer, but then stick. TPA would forget them as being loaded, on app restart. Finally after 3 days messing they seem to have stuck.
Other issues I have are, the app sometimes refuses to start and will crash repeatedly 4 or 5 times, then it will start and run flawlessly.
Another issue I occasionally hit is, when you start a table, it will corrupt mid load, so you either end up with table loaded but invisible balls, or another regular one is that the table loads but has no soundtrack playing. Mech sounds will play, but no sound track.

I've long since given up asking for individual table fixes, but is there any chance of the core app engine getting an update to run on the newer Android operating systems?
It's think about time you move on from Gingerbread support personally.

When it works it's awesome on the shield though. That controller is just great.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The game works just fine on my Nexus 5 running Marshmallow.

I'm yet to receive Marshmallow on my Shield Tablet.

I'm sure you've tried uninstalling and all the usual tricks. Sounds like your TPA installation is corrupt.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
When it works it's great which is approximately 80% of games. But it has a lot of bugs on the Shield running MM hence asking. I don't know if this is linked to using an sd card as internal memory, or what. But it's not a bad download/install. It's always TPA. Lollipop on a Note 4, Marshmallow on a Shield, I'd guess it's just Farsight not supporting new OS's, or trying to support now defunct ones still.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
The game works just fine on my Nexus 5 running Marshmallow.

I'm yet to receive Marshmallow on my Shield Tablet.

I'm sure you've tried uninstalling and all the usual tricks. Sounds like your TPA installation is corrupt.
Just on a side note from TPA, you might want to hold off on the MM shield update when it does become available for you.
Gamepad mapping is completely broken, and battery life and core usage are reported to be a little off the norm.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/150/shield-tablet/

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When it works it's great which is approximately 80% of games. But it has a lot of bugs on the Shield running MM hence asking. I don't know if this is linked to using an sd card as internal memory, or what. But it's not a bad download/install. It's always TPA. Lollipop on a Note 4, Marshmallow on a Shield, I'd guess it's just Farsight not supporting new OS's, or trying to support now defunct ones still.

I know that when I got my Gen 1 Shield Tablet, I had to contact a fair few devs regarding OpenGL 4.0 shader support causing all sorts of graphic artefacts.

Again, being tech savvy, I'm sure you are using a Class 10 SD card as your internal memory. Anything less will cause read/write issues on some apps. For the record, TPA can't fully be offloaded to external memory due to a couple of build.prop attributes not being declared. Being able to offload all the table resource data to SD would be a real boon for users.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just on a side note from TPA, you might want to hold off on the MM shield update when it does become available for you.
Gamepad mapping is completely broken, and battery life and core usage are reported to be a little off the norm.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/150/shield-tablet/

As both tablets are architecturally the same (except for the in-built stylus holder), the K1 users appear to be early Beta Testers for Android releases now. I'm pretty confident in upgrading once the MM update is available for Shield Tab 2014 users.

(don't even know what to call the "old shield tab" now - reminds me of the Nexus 7 / Nexus 7 2013 naming debacle).

zzm

Jan 25, 2016
Been playing TPA on my LG G4 android 5.1 for a good while without any problems at all, smooth gameplay. Yesterday i upgraded my phone to marshmallow and pinball arcade is unplayable due to constant irregular stuttering and lag during gameplay. I've tried reinstalling, changing all graphics settings. Turning on/off all different settings for battery save, clearing the cache, but nothing makes any difference, i can not get rid of the stuttering and the only option right now for me would be to downgrade to android 5.1 again. Im also playing Star wars pinball by Zen studios which runs just fine without any stuttering after upgrade. Any ideas how to make it work? or when there will be an upgrade out to support marshmallow?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Been playing TPA on my LG G4 android 5.1 for a good while without any problems at all, smooth gameplay. Yesterday i upgraded my phone to marshmallow and pinball arcade is unplayable due to constant irregular stuttering and lag during gameplay. I've tried reinstalling, changing all graphics settings. Turning on/off all different settings for battery save, clearing the cache, but nothing makes any difference, i can not get rid of the stuttering and the only option right now for me would be to downgrade to android 5.1 again. Im also playing Star wars pinball by Zen studios which runs just fine without any stuttering after upgrade. Any ideas how to make it work? or when there will be an upgrade out to support marshmallow?
Maybe give it a day or two to settle in. Sounds odd and no other apps seem to have this issue but my own problems with MM6.0 and TPA (saved games having to be reloaded each play poor performance and crashing) eventually settled out after a few days. It actually plays well on the Shield K1 now. Still can't use it on my Note 4 due to stuttering but I think I know why via another dev now.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
No issues on my Nexus 6p. From the outset.

If you still have issues, I might recommend a factory reset. It solves a multitude of sins with lag and instability.

I usually factory flash ROMs at each major release.

zzm

Jan 25, 2016
When i get time i will do a factory and go back to 5.1 for now i think.. Sucks that i wont be able to do that for atleast another week though. No other suggestions or news if there is actually a TPA update in the pipe for better MM support?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It's not been noted as an ongoing issue, so probably no fix.

Please do report the issue through the usual support email address, because I'm sure there are other folks out there that have experienced the same issue but haven't reported it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts