Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
sent an email to them in support and they wanted to see my purchase history for the glo-balls, didn't we get the glo ones from downloading SPA or buying the tables for it??? Cause I can't seem to find a purchase history for them.

Came to see if this was an issue for anyone else as well.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Confirmed, but my tables that were already using a glo-ball continue to do so. If you try to change it, there are no glo-balls to select.

Yeah, but once you change it to something else on the PC version, like back to a regular ball, the glo-ball is gone for good. I'd really like to get the glo-balls back, but there doesn't seem to be any avenue for it on the PC.

Has anyone managed to get them back on the PC?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I can also confirm that I'm missing the Glo-Balls.

Anyway, updated lists for the following tables, whether it be more detailed or finding new issues from observation:

AC/DC:

• Left Ramp flasher, #20 is tied in with the Yellow flasher, #21.
    [*]The yellow flasher on the left side, #21 is dim.
    [*]Thunderstruck blue lights need looked into; they're hard to read or tell if they're lit or not.
    [*]GI lights at Hell don't interact at all.
    [*]GI lights around the plastics on the main playfield don't interact at all or have very little effect. Needs MAJOR work.
    [*]Lights underneath the right ramp fire plastic don't exist.
    [*]Flasher beneath the Rock and Roll Train, #17, doesn't exist.
    [*]The Rock N Roll Train light, #32 at the head of the train, is tied in with the Left Ramp flasher, #20.
    [*]Jukebox kicker flasher, #23 at the upper playfield, doesn't exist.
    [*]Left Ramp Left Side Flasher, #27, doesn't exist.
    [*]Left Ramp Right Side Flasher, #28, doesn't exist.
    [*]Right Ramp Right Side Flasher, #29, doesn't exist. Note also these flashers simulate the sight of lightning on the plastics.
    [*]Bell Arrow Flasher, #26, doesn't exist.
    [*]Flashers in the pop bumper area (#25, X3 Flashers) are too dim.
    [*]Right Ramp Flasher, #30, flashes the Red flasher, #31, near the cannon.
    [*]Red flasher near the cannon, #31, is dim.
    [*]Lights at the sides of the Jukebox, #53 (right) and #54 (left), are dim.
    [*]White bulb at the upper right corner is tied in to the red lights at the Jukebox, instead of being a part of the GI.
    [*]Blue bulb behind the band isn't a part of the GI.
    [*]Red lights in the plunger lane and between the flippers aren't supposed to be there.
    [*]The blue light at the E lane in AXE has some red showing. The light appears more pink the further from its center.

[*]Yellow lights around the playfield shown, around GI. Includes the plastic behind the 4 band members.
    [*]Ramp plastics non-existent?

[*]Emulation speed is slower when compared to the real thing. Noticeable at the Jukebox when the lights are supposed to be in the rhythm of the song.
    [*]Instant Info doesn't work when trapping a ball on the flipper for an extended amount of time. Some platforms.
    [*]Some wizard goals could be toggled at the start of a new game, after finishing a previous game with all Standard Goals complete.
    [*]Super skillshot by holding up the right flipper sometimes doesn't work.

Star Trek Vengeance:

• No GI interaction whatsoever, bumpers included.
    [*]A piece of GI is missing on the lower half of the left slingshot.
    [*]A piece of GI north of the left scoop should be moved up to where the bulb is supposed to be.
    [*]Back panel GI lamps are missing.
    [*]Two blue lights, #51, at the Enterprise, are missing.
    [*]Both Asteroid Flashers, left and right, look dim, and should be brighter.
    [*]The laser light show on the playfield during Klingon Multiball should follow a more circular and clockwise pattern than just straight lines.
    [*]Klingon Multiball has the playfield glitching out with the laser lights. Said laser lights are also dimmed.
    [*]The Vengeance Kickback Flasher, #21, doesn't exist.
    [*]The Left Ramp Flasher, #23, doesn't exist.
    [*]The Warp Ramp Flasher, #26, is lit the entire time.
    [*]The 3-bank flasher, #27, doesn't exist.
    [*]The Right Ramp Flasher, #28, is lit the entire time.
    [*]The Spinner Flasher, #29, acts only as an insert. Should be brighter.
    [*]The upper right flipper flasher, #30, doesn't exist.
    [*]The Vengeance Ship Flasher, #31, doesn't exist.
    [*]The flashers on top of both slingshots, #32 and #41, don't exist.

[*]Emulation speed is slower when compared to the real thing. Note how the display isn't synced to the light show for Medals awarded, upon starting a wizard mode.
    [*]Pulling the plunger back causes the ball to go too far down, leave the switch prematurely and lock the selected mission in. The plunger switch should be lowered to avoid this.

I did a stream regarding the new Sterns, and cut off early on Star Trek. Also on both tables, I referred to their manuals and video sources on which lights go where. (Though I have to say, some sections are so unreliable or inconsistent.)

Jun 29, 2013
Came to see if this was an issue for anyone else as well.

I'm also missing the Glo-Balls and the eyeball. I can find the purchase of the eye ball in my steam account purchases but cant find the glo balls purchase. I think they just showed up in my game after buying season 6 or 7 because i dont remember buying them.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
4. Ghostbusters has awfully low quality audio

I came here to post this. I think the term is oversampled.
The only other issue I see so far is that the insert lights on Ghostbusters are not bright in DX9 mode.

The Achievement for Ghostbusters high score in Steam says "Ghost Busters"

I want to do a comparison, but it looks like the model for Ghostbusters in TPA is much larger than other tables. You can tell by how the pictures on the wall appear.

An aside, the texture of the backbox on Earthshaker needs to be fixed. There is a reflection of someone in the image they used, you can see it. You can see someone's hand above the 2.5 Million light.
I put a screenshot here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1436896943

Another nitpick: the sounds in Sorcerer are totally different than those used in the old Sorcerer from the PS2/PS3 game and the actual table. Also again, the light inserts do not look correct in DX9.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
I was seeing some lag or slowdown in the ball movement when playing Ghostbusters last night. I don't know if it was mentioned before.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
I can also confirm that I'm missing the Glo-Balls.
I got my Glo-balls back on the PC. I was fooling around in the DX11 version and clicked on the cart, and the glo-balls were there, along with a bunch of other ones. First time I'd seen any of them there. Anyway, they cost $2.99 and I bought 'em.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.71.8 Bugs:

Big Buck Hunter Pro:

Animations on the DMD are slower than the real thing, as with all other recent Stern games.
Bumpers and slingshots still active after tilting the game.

The rightmost bullet shell is tied in to the upper left ramp flasher.
The Duck light is tied in to the flasher nearest to the Elk.
Right orbit target light is tied in to the upper right flasher at the ramp.
Other lights tied in to flashers?
Artificial DMD lighting also needed.

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons:

Slow DMD speeds, akin to that of other recent Stern games.
Bumpers and slingshots still active after tilting the game.

Lights and additional textures for the backglass needed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixes:

Ghostbusters

Stutters every few seconds -- noted a frame drop anywhere from 2 to 10.
Turn down the music and sounds slightly in-game? It's blasting and clipping at 100% volume.
Resetting a game leaves a rolling ball sound, if a ball was present.

Last edited:

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Don't know if it is my PC never had problems before with these tables, but Whoa Nellie has extreme performance lags, its like playing slow mode and only Whoa Nellie

okay, report is not importent anymore, I think my AMD Phenom II is to old for the spike system

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I can't believe that Star Trek was not even touched since the last update several months ago. Still has wonky physics with floaty ball behavior and vacuum-like ramps. Just playing for a few seconds and my eyes and brain conflict as what I am seeing makes no sense in how the ball moves and reacts. It wasn't always this terrible. Also, the multiball glitch that first appeared after the update before this last one is still present where the middle section of the table flickers in a most annoying way.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
BBH:
DX11 doesn't respect table music settings. First game started from table selection screen will always have table music playing even though it is disabled in options.

Whoa Nellie!:
Playfield is faded, as if it were sun bleached. There is also a horizontal line(s) running across the middle of the playfield.
This is a very unstable table. If you exit the game from options menu, then restart a new one by pressing the play button, but not exiting to the selection menu, 75% of the games started will not actually start a new game. It will stay in attract mode, with the ability to change camera, albeit the plunge cam option.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Whoa Nellie!:
Playfield is faded, as if it were sun bleached. There is also a horizontal line(s) running across the middle of the playfield.

The released version is using old assets for some reason, need to figure out why next week

Stutters every few seconds -- noted a frame drop anywhere from 2 to 10.

I'll fix this next week, didn't have time to optimize a few things... didn't think a few hundred polys would affect performance that much unless something else is going on.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I'll fix this next week, didn't have time to optimize a few things... didn't think a few hundred polys would affect performance that much unless something else is going on.

No, no, no! This has been fixed while in beta. [MENTION=7069]FarSight_Matt[/MENTION]

Last edited:

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Oh ok cool, I did still intend to optimize a few things for mobile/low end on Ghostbusters. Those fixes were extremely last minute. Also going to make the slimer arm look better, if I get the time.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Woah Nellie stutters a bit for me ... not as bad as ghost busters was recently, but bad enough to notice

Also voice overs and effect noises are way too quiet ... flippers, plunger and jet bumper pops are fine

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.