Mechanical keyboards or membrane?

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Just got my first mechanical keyboard. Black cherry switches quite heavy. Thought it would be better but I have never drained so much in my life. Feels like I run with a lot of input lag though they are supposed to actuate half way down.

So is the best flipper controls as light and direct as possible or do I just need to get used to it?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I play with an original IBM Model M clicky mechanical keyboard. Accept no less, that's the Cadillac of keyboards.

I feel no lag with the keyboard. I had worse problems with display lag - actually upgraded my monitor just for TPA. Asus monitors are well known for low gaming lag.

Is the connection PS/2 or USB? USB devices can have a bit more lag. Mine is PS/2.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
f01273af51dfa8fa5a4f1dedc0ed8abe.jpg

Original button reacts on less than a mm and is very light to press

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I play with an original IBM Model M clicky mechanical keyboard. Accept no less, that's the Cadillac of keyboards.

I actually have one of those in the basement, along with a pile of old mechanical keyboards. My father loved them, I did not. I just use a cheap low profile keyboard (similar to a laptop keyboard). I play quite well with it. I'm getting a little worried because it's starting to wear out and they don't make this model anymore.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I actually have one of those in the basement, along with a pile of old mechanical keyboards. My father loved them, I did not. I just use a cheap low profile keyboard (similar to a laptop keyboard). I play quite well with it. I'm getting a little worried because it's starting to wear out and they don't make this model anymore.

My old IBM model F keyboard is still my temporary backup keyboard, although I have to use a box of circuitry I bought years ago to deal with the XT/AT split in keyboard codes. The layout isn't quite as good as the Model M, but it is even more deliciously clicky. My primary KB is a Das Keyboard with Cherry Blue switches. It has been tough as hell and has a great feel. I still think getting a PS3/4 or XBOX controller to work is really worth the effort. The control is more precise.

Qlorn

Jun 13, 2015
Love the Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard. A bit biased about Mech boards since I love the feel. Never really accepted Membrane boards and the tend to wear out much faster according to my use. Cant attest to the flipper reactions vs Membrane boards, but I would make sure I learned the curve if there is one to over come. Each person's keyboard approach is as different as snowflakes. Best advice I could give is try then both and see which one you like better.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts