Medieval Madness reproduction

mudtoe

Sep 21, 2012
Announced today at the Chicago Pinball Expo. 1000 LE units to be made by Planetary Pinball with a $7995 MSRP, expected in late 2014.

GhlXhiK.jpg
RH2caRx.jpg

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Wow, much delayed... there was supposed to be one released in like 2006 or something?

Wonder how it compares to the original... it's going for a good price.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Kind of begs the question, for about the same price you could have purchased: Medieval Maddness Repro, Star Trek LE, Metallica LE, Wizard of Oz, or The Hobbit. I don't think MM would be my first choice of these options.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Kind of begs the question, for about the same price you could have purchased: Medieval Maddness Repro, Star Trek LE, Metallica LE, Wizard of Oz, or The Hobbit. I don't think MM would be my first choice of these options.

I wouldn't go for any of the Sterns. They just lack a certain something that Williams/Bally had. They're probably really good machines, but there's a certain "feel" they lack.

Though, that brings up the question of whether the repros will be either like the old Williams machines or be like what practically all non-Williams machines were like - they lack the solid sturdy high quality feel of a Williams machine. It's always been one of my annoyances that the feel was wrong.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I'm just glad that MM will be available for a slightly less crazy price going forward, in case I decide I want one someday. I think its a good thing for pinball as a whole, the prices games were going for were completely out of control.

Its worth noting that they said they also had the rights to do other B/W games in the future, so everyone is speculating that AFM will be next.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
If it were heavily modded (other than being kitted in LEDs) with a bunch of extra toys and goodies then I would be interested. But a stock re-make not so much.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It's a classic. You don't mess with the classics. And MM was considered to be underproduced for what it was - there was talk even back when Williams was doing it to do a second run. And adding toys would easily change the game to be worse than the original MM.

And MM prices must've spiked recently. I started seeing people asking $24K for it on eBay. It doesn't sell, but there has to be some basis for the price. I know that guy (there are only like two different sellers on eBay for MM) was only asking like $15K last year.

I'm interested in it. I just want to know is it going to retain the old Williams feel to it, or will it feel like a Stern or everyone else table.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Great initiative!

Pinball tables are made to be distributed and played around the world, not stored in a basement to push up arbitrary market prices.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's a classic. You don't mess with the classics. And MM was considered to be underproduced for what it was - there was talk even back when Williams was doing it to do a second run. And adding toys would easily change the game to be worse than the original MM.

And MM prices must've spiked recently. I started seeing people asking $24K for it on eBay. It doesn't sell, but there has to be some basis for the price. I know that guy (there are only like two different sellers on eBay for MM) was only asking like $15K last year.

I'm interested in it. I just want to know is it going to retain the old Williams feel to it, or will it feel like a Stern or everyone else table.

There is a lot of talk about it on Pinside. Sounds like they will be using the same parts other than some board changes. One guy said it will even be assembled in the same building that the original MM was assembled in. Probably even have a better clear coat on it than the original. I'm not a huge MM fan, but if I was, I would probably jump in and get one. The LE edition is already sold out, but the standard remake is only missing the shaker, some gold trim, and a numbered plaque. I will be interested to see some reviews when they start coming out.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm happy to see this happen. As much as it could be to the chagrin of collector, it's better than slowly watching the number of machines dwindle to nothing. I'd love to see some ckassic solid state machines be reproduced as well

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I know we have some members here that already own MM. I'd be curious to see what their thoughts are about the remake.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

I don't mean anything that alters the gameplay. I'm just talking about the large amount of toys/figures/mods that already exist for the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.