Meteor please!

Stefan

Apr 1, 2015
Hello my name is Stefan.

I´am new at this place but not new at Pinball Arcade. I play this App (on Ipad) nearly every day because I love to play pinball since I was a child (Now I `am 37 Y.).
As I was a child my absolutly favorit pinball was "Meteor". Every time I think about pinball the first picture that comes in my head is a picture of "Meteor"!

Because of this at every Update of Pinball Arcade I hope that "Meteor" will be release. But sadly that did not happen. :(
"Meteor" is such a great dream of me that I would like to ask you all:

"Would you like to get "Meteor" on Pinbal Arcade?" :)

Best wishes!
Stefan

P.S.
Please excuse my poor english :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=meteor&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1580

It's a great-looking table, but it's licensed (from the movie of the same name), though there are no actor likenesses so that shouldn't preclude getting it done.

The problem is, it's from 1979, and in the past 2 seasons the earliest table we've had is High-Speed, from 1985. There was a poll for "pre-1980s" tables recently, won in somewhat controversial fashion by Xenon, and that will be coming soon-ish.

I'd expect to see the other two finalists from that poll (Paragon and Fireball) before FS even think about another table from that era - and even then, expect it to be Flash or EBD.

Meteor, sadly, is going to be a long way down the list.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Eldar is correct. With no major licenses needed to worry about - there is still some chance of this getting done somewhere down the line if TPA continues past Season 5.

And Stefan,welcome to the forums!

Stefan

Apr 1, 2015
Thank you for your friendly and fast answer! :)

Does it is sure that there is a problem because of the license? It is a long time from 1979 until today. May be the need for a license had finished over the time? :) Otherwise some very great pinballs has been released in spite of a license. I think about such pinballs like "Star Trek", "Terminator", "Indiana Jones", "Adams Family" and some more :)

Don`t you think that there is any chance for the release of "Meteor"? :(

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I always enjoyed Meteor. Played it a lot back when it came out. Nothing flashy but it was a good playing pin. I'd like to see a couple more pins from the classic Stern era like Meteor or Seawitch.

Stefan

Apr 1, 2015
@ Naildriver74
Thank you! :)

@ pm1109
Why do you think so? :(

It`s a great and classic table and may be a Idea for a new Kickstarter Project?! I would support it any case!!

Best wishes!
Stefan

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
@ Naildriver74
Thank you! :)

@ pm1109
Why do you think so? :(

It`s a great and classic table and may be a Idea for a new Kickstarter Project?! I would support it any case!!

Best wishes!
Stefan

Stefan, I'm not strictly speaking for pm1109,more from what I think is a general overview of unreleased TPA tables to come. Meteor does look like a fun and interesting table,but too many other tables from that era have been more requested or talked about.

Like Eldar stated in his post,just his list would almost equal half a season. Throw in the point that DMD era tables sell better,and while I believe it's a minor license at best - it's still a license that FS would need to get,and on its own,wouldn't warrant a KS.

Maybe if FS got together a few tables that don't have major licenses attached in a bulk deal,or does another deal like they did with Sony,then there might be a better shot at getting it into TPA.

Visual Pinball might have a Meteor recreation also...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Hmm, I see that`s not simple but I still hope that the dream will come true ;) :) :)

Agreed. I also would love to see more SS and EM tables, and Meteor would be an ideal choice for TPA. The sad fact is that it's the 1985-or-later tables that people seem to be most interested in, which is how TPA sells enough to stay in business.

In the meantime, I'm hoping against hope that the Zaccaria app comes to Steam for my old table Jones.

xray23

Mar 18, 2015
Stefan, I too have played Meteor and it is cool. I would love to see it in TPA. Also from that era: Flash, Sorcerer, Quicksilver!

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Put me down as another aye for this one! Licensing shouldn't be a major concern, as there are no actor likenesses or sound clips from the film (also, the film itself is a notorious box office bomb, essentially killing off the disaster movie wave of the '70s). Besides, F2K's started to look awfully lonely in the nearly 2 years since it came out on TPA...

wolfson

May 24, 2013
we have roughly 25 WILLIAM,15 BALLY,12 GOTTLIEB and 6 STERNS,so hopefully we might be in for a few more STERN tables.Stefan welcome,great table.don`t give up hope,we only have 6 STERN ,you never know !!! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts