PC - Bug Mistakenly miss input select control to different key

IronRanger88

Jul 29, 2015
Hey guys,
I feel like an idiot, which I am. In the pc version downloaded from steam, I mistakenly pressed enter when redefining my down arrow control map in the control menu. So, to be clear. I have the "move down" control and the "select" control both mapped as the Enter key and cannot change anymore controls as the selection now moves down instead of selecting when I press enter. Any ideas how to fix this?

IronRanger88

Jul 29, 2015
I have done all of those things at one point, they work wonders! That is of course as long as you don't mind waiting for the replacement computer... I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. Otherwise, I don't own or have access to a game pad. NEXT SUGGESTION!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I have done all of those things at one point, they work wonders! That is of course as long as you don't mind waiting for the replacement computer... I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. Otherwise, I don't own or have access to a game pad. NEXT SUGGESTION!

You tried pouring water on it? Or just deleting your settings file (might delete all your scores, goals etc... though.)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Otherwise, I don't own or have access to a game pad. NEXT SUGGESTION!

Are you sure? It doesn't have to be a PC gamepad. Just one that's USB, like a corded PS3/4 or XB360/One. Any gamer friend or family might have one laying about. And if not, think about getting one. Makes nudging easier and less tilty.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Isn't there a reset to defaults option at the top of the controls screen?
Yes, but when he tries to reset and hits "Enter", the selection goes down, because his Enter key is also bound to "Menu Down". :D
I tested this just for fun.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Duh doy! Of course. Use the mouse! I just tried it. It worked on my set up.
How are you navigating the menus to get to the controller settings?

I navigate with the mouse to the control menu but in this menu I can't activate anything with the mouse.
I tried different models. USB and Bluetooth. The mouse doesn't work in the control menu.

(I can always reset my keyboard layout with the xbox360 controller. I just reproduce IronRangers situation .. not sure if his mouse works ...)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I navigate with the mouse to the control menu but in this menu I can't activate anything with the mouse.
I tried different models. USB and Bluetooth. The mouse doesn't work in the control menu.

(I can always reset my keyboard layout with the xbox360 controller. I just reproduce IronRangers situation .. not sure if his mouse works ...)

Does right or left clicking on the Red "Select" button (Button Right Side of the Menu) not do anything?

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Does right or left clicking on the Red "Select" button (Button Right Side of the Menu) not do anything?

Oh yes, lol, I should have spent more time with it. You were right. My bad.
I tried to activate Reset by clicking on it, guess I had the simple use of my keyboard and controller in mind.
But, yes, you have to highlight an item with the arrow buttons and then click on the "select" button.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Oh yes, lol, I should have spent more time with it. You were right. My bad.
I tried to activate Reset by clicking on it, guess I had the simple use of my keyboard and controller in mind.
But, yes, you have to highlight an item with the arrow buttons and then click on the "select" button.

Glad to hear :) You could just reset to default too as well if it was completely altered.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts