Modded iCade Core with side buttons

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Just got my iCade with wooden cabinet today - great deal on Amazon right now - and immediately wanted to relocate the buttons. I found this thread and got excited to see that it had already been done on the Core. Too bad I didn't see it earlier, or I might have just picked up one of those.

Anyway, what's done is done, the cabinet is actually pretty cool. When assembling it, it's just the Core surrounded with wood, so I imagine screw on buttons would be needed for the extra depth. If anyone has attempted adding side buttons to one of these, I'd like to hear about it.

Try searching google. I came across a couple installs when I was initially preparing to install side buttons to my iCade Core unit.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Since i planned to build a cabinet, my plan has changed so many times. And it has changed again.

Apple has announced official controller support in ios 7. I will wait for that, and then see what controllers will be available and what options we have.

I would suggest to do the same if you not have bought an icade or icade core. I think that the official supported controllers will be less expensive and all games will support that off course. I think icade is done now, sadly, but i think its true.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Since i planned to build a cabinet, my plan has changed so many times. And it has changed again.

Apple has announced official controller support in ios 7. I will wait for that, and then see what controllers will be available and what options we have.

I would suggest to do the same if you not have bought an icade or icade core. I think that the official supported controllers will be less expensive and all games will support that off course. I think icade is done now, sadly, but i think its true.

I just finished my iCade cabinet yesterday. I also saw this news from the WWDC keynote. I don't regret going with an iCade because I can play now! iOS 7 won't be released until September-October at the earliest and no one has said that FS will stop support of iCade in the future. So far the only information I can find is for small hand-held controllers which might be good to play TPA with but would be difficult to modify to use pinball flippers.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Off course, icade is still good. But i think it wont survive when official controllers show up.

I i had an icade already i would use it, cause its fantastic. But i dont, and now i am gonne wait and see what will happen.

eXo173

Sep 15, 2014
Hi all,

I just stumbled upon this thread.
I am wondering if it is easier to mod the original iCade or the iCade core with side buttons:
Do the side buttons fit underneath the iPad in the original iCade?
Since the original iCade already offers a wooden frame, I guess it would be closer to a real pinball cabinet if the buttons fit underneath the iPad, right?

L

leucht

Hi Sotie,
the pictures of your posts are unfortunately gone. Would it be possible if you upload the details where you positioned the buttons again?

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
The odd thing is that I was able to use the d-pad on 8bitdo Zero and iCade Mobile to nudge a couple updates ago, but now it's back to left and right for nudge with a couple of the buttons. I'm guessing there won't be an update for 8bitdo Zero (the buttons are reversed, though a program on the 8bitdo forums provided a fix) since MFi controllers are out?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.