Bug Most annoying bugs (still) in TPA

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
The next update should have some changes that will help with this issue. Hopefully the update will resolve it for some (preferably all) of you.

Hi Brandon.

I just built a new PC last week. I redownloaded the game in its entirety today. Specs:

Intel i7 7700k
16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz 16-16-16-36
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition
Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero z270 Motherboard
Sound Blaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Fan/Heatsink
Cooler Master HAF 912 Case - front USB 3.0 port edition
Corsair RM750x 750 watt Gold Cert PSU
500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
250 GB Samsung 830 EVO SSD
WD Black 5 TB 128MB Cache 7200 RPM HD
Seagate 2 TB 64MB Cache 7200 RPM HD ST2000DM001
WD 2 TB External USB 3.0 My Passport Ultra HD
WD 1 TB External USB 3.0 My Passport HD
LG WH16NS40 16x Super Multi Blu-ray Disc Writer
Hootoo 9 port USB 3.0 Hub
ViewSonic XG2701 144Hz 1ms 27" Monitor 1080p
Asus VN279Q 27" Monitor 1080p
Logitech G900 Mouse
Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Blue Keyboard

Here is my DX11 settings for Pinball Arcade.

Here is the results of those settings when I launch right now.

If I alt+enter, it makes it a blurry fullscreen, and it tosses my browser from one monitor to another. If I alt+enter again, it switches back to the screenshot above. If I alt+enter a third time it gives me a proper DX11 fullscreen that isn't so blurry.

PM me if you need me to do any testing or logging or anything.

Last edited:

p6800

May 17, 2013
EnergyOne, you should go higher. Set the buffers double your native res. 3,840 x 2160. See how it looks/works.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
EnergyOne, you should go higher. Set the buffers double your native res. 3,840 x 2160. See how it looks/works.

Still starts out in that window, but after today's patch, I only have to hit alt+enter once. It seems to ignore if I set it to Window or Fullscreen in the configuration settings.

Using your suggestion didn't seem to do anything - the behavior was the same.

p6800

May 17, 2013
I think we can live with this alt+enter thing. We've done it for years.

How is 3840x2160 looking compared to 1920x1080? Can you notice the sharper textures?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I think we can live with this alt+enter thing. We've done it for years.

How is 3840x2160 looking compared to 1920x1080? Can you notice the sharper textures?

It depends on the table, and it's not generally the textures that sharpen up. If the textures are 4K to begin with, you're essentially downsampling anyway so there's no benefit to DSR. However for rendered objects such as habitrails, playfield holes and switches, it does make a difference. Perhaps the best example I have seen is AC/DC in SPA. Compare using a 1920x1080 backbuffer, with a 3840x2160 backbuffer.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
In latest TPA (feb 2017) mobile version (IOS) still plunger cam issues, see here Circus Voltaire, multiballs are draining while TPA stays in plunger-cam view. The machines keeps launching balls while ball saver is active, flippers do not flip at all, plunger cam stays on, problem ends when all balls drain and you also loose the current ball in play.
Too bad, you're game is ruined.

IMG_0096.png

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
The ball collision issue: when the steel balls have a collision near the flippers and the result is losing a ball which fell through the flipper.

Inappropriate use of 'flipper physics' on Gottlieb flippers (example).

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
The ball collision issue: when the steel balls have a collision near the flippers and the result is losing a ball which fell through the flipper.

Wow, does this happen on more tables? I have never encountered this on my iPad.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Wow, does this happen on more tables? I have never encountered this on my iPad.

Top happens on just about any table with multiball, players may choose not to do that action because it does an unfavorable result and forget it happens.. except when you watch rudysoup (sorry) get screwed by it over and over.

As for the bottom.. I know of PC/Console users who are aware of this, perhaps your platforms input latency, and lack of 'flipper physics update' factors into why you may not have experienced it on the Gottlieb tables.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012

+1 on this. I get the 'collide-o-drain' numerous times, and it irks me so.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
For me, it was always the bugged sound in Addams Family on PS4. The shock/zap sound heard right before Gomez says "Showtime" building up for multiball. I think I mentioned it a couple times back when it came out, asked about it on streams and twitter but got nowhere, so I gave up until last week. Had a few email exchanges and it sounds like they'll update the table in the next update (season 6), so hopefully it'll sound right now. As popular as the table is, I'm very surprised more people didn't raise this issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.