Most difficult Wizard goals / Tables with most difficult goals overall

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I'm by no means what you would consider a pinball wizard. I'm not even all that great at TPA in my estimation, so it strikes me as odd that I've already been able to complete all of the wizard goals on both EATPM and NGG. The only other table I've done this on so far is Taxi (though I'm close on a few.)

So I began asking myself whether Table Pack 6 just has very easy goals or if this was just some kind of fluke.

That got me interested to know what the community thought:
What are the most difficult wizard goals so far on TPA? To go one further, which tables have the most difficult goals overall? On the other hand, which tables are the easiest overall?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
RBION's Atlantis and Frog Frenzy, and MM's Battle for the Kingdom are the three hardest so far.

As far as upcoming tables go, Twilight Zone's Lost in the Zone and Scared Stiff's Spider Mania would probably be the closest in difficulty to the above three.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I have yet to copmplete the wizard goals on any of the tables. My greatest accomplishment so far was finally getting Harem Multiball. Thought I would never get this goal.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
RBION's Atlantis and Frog Frenzy, and MM's Battle for the Kingdom are the three hardest so far.

As far as upcoming tables go, Twilight Zone's Lost in the Zone and Scared Stiff's Spider Mania would probably be the closest in difficulty to the above three.

This. Also, watch out for Pinbot's advance to the sun and collect the special when it is released. I think that was the hardest goal in the Williams Collection.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
This. Also, watch out for Pinbot's advance to the sun and collect the special when it is released. I think that was the hardest goal in the Williams Collection.
Despite having logged apx. 80 hours on the Williams Collection I never did get to the sun on on Pinbot. That table just drained too, too often. I can't wait to try my skill at the table with the new TPA physics and tweaking, though. It's one of the few tables I had a chance to play quite a lot as a kid.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Bride of Pinbot is probably the easiest.... it just requires you to keep shooting for the left ramp and hope to god that your multiball doesn't drain.

So far Medieval Madness/Ripley's/Theater of Magic are giving me the most grief. I'm actually surprised with myself that I managed the Black Hole goals, purely because of how much of a disgusting drain monster the lower level is.

I think Ripley's is the hardest. Not only is the table a drain monster but some of the goals are absolutely ridiculous. Even with several extra balls I can never get more than four Ripley letters :(

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
It definitely took me a long time to get the RBiON goals, especially Atlantis, but I found MM's Battle for the Kingdom the hardest to achieve. I FINALLY got it last night, after weeks of trying. At least with Atlantis, you only have to start the mode where I would always lose Battle for the Kingdom before I could get all of the castle hits. I never seemed to have any troll bombs in the games I would start it too, which certainly didn't help.

K

Korven

Easiest by far for me was EATPM didnt take many hours to get all the goals and rack up a decent score, felt kinda dissapointed it didnt last longer. Taxi didnt take long to complete either. Ripleys just seems like a lost cause for me. Getting Lyman's lament on MB is driving me nuts too.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I haven't dug into Ripleys yet. For me the hardest Wizard goal, of the tables I've played, is getting 500,000 in Black Hole's lower playfield lol. I don't know why I suck so hard at Gorgar and Black Hole.

I used to think Battle for the Kingdom was impossible until I discovered troll bombs. If you don't have two troll bombs don't even attempt it because you are going to lose a ball.

Easiest by far has to be Arabian Nights. I've failed it once out of around 15 times getting there and that was only because I just got the game and had no idea what I was aiming for. Now I can finish him before I even plunge all 4 balls lol.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I don't know which is hardest, but the easiest set of wizard goals by default is Gorgar, since it's the only one I've finished. (It was the first set I got in PHoF, too, I believe.)

There are some tables for which I'm only missing one. For ToM it's finishing Grand Finale; for Taxi it's the infamous Crossover Bonus.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Despite having logged apx. 80 hours on the Williams Collection I never did get to the sun on on Pinbot. That table just drained too, too often. I can't wait to try my skill at the table with the new TPA physics and tweaking, though. It's one of the few tables I had a chance to play quite a lot as a kid.

Pinbot is inherently a tough, tough game. The real thing is a drain monster. But it's one of my favorites.

That advance-planet target was really hard to hit in PHoF!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I don't know which is hardest, but the easiest set of wizard goals by default is Gorgar, since it's the only one I've finished. (It was the first set I got in PHoF, too, I believe.)

There are some tables for which I'm only missing one. For ToM it's finishing Grand Finale; for Taxi it's the infamous Crossover Bonus.

Do people have trouble with this? IIRC it's just completing any twelve shots to spell "Magic Theatre". You can even bash on the trunk to spell letters.

The first few times I got it I was just so nervous that I had actually gotten that far, and that every shot was worth 50 million, that I would drain. Once you get over the psychological aspect I can complete it pretty easily. I always wonder, though, is the 500 million for completion, is that an ADDITIONAL 500 million on top of the 600 million you earn for the twelve shots, or is that just the maximum total you get for everything? I never pay attention to my score until the games over, does anyone know? One billion for the wizard mode is pretty sweet if that's the case!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I always wonder, though, is the 500 million for completion, is that an ADDITIONAL 500 million on top of the 600 million you earn for the twelve shots, or is that just the maximum total you get for everything? I never pay attention to my score until the games over, does anyone know? One billion for the wizard mode is pretty sweet if that's the case!
A completed Grand Finale is worth 1.1 billion: 600M for the twelve 50M shots and a 500M bonus for completing it.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Do people have trouble with this? IIRC it's just completing any twelve shots to spell "Magic Theatre". You can even bash on the trunk to spell letters.
I don't know that it's particularly troublesome, honestly, it's just that the few times I've gotten there I was nervous enough to drain immediately, as you said.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Still stuck on Black Hole - the basic goals. The one I have left is the one where you have to score 250k or something like that off of the bonus. I'm sure it's not that hard to everyone else, but I'd rather be stuck on another table.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Still stuck on Black Hole - the basic goals. The one I have left is the one where you have to score 250k or something like that off of the bonus. I'm sure it's not that hard to everyone else, but I'd rather be stuck on another table.
For me, the trick on that goal was to take my time. A lot of ball cradling, lots of careful shots. Once I started with that technique it wasn't too difficult.

Apr 8, 2012
The only wizard goal I haven't been able to complete so far (haven't played all the tables yet) is the "Score a Mosh Super Jackpot" on Monster Bash. I think the most I've been able to hit the Frank shot is 3 or maybe 4 times. Can anyone give tips on this? I've tried trapping a ball and holding it on the left flipper but I'm not accurate enough with the right to hit Frank repeatedly without letting the left go at some point to save the ball.

Prior to this goal the hardest for me on Pinball Arcade was "Score a 1,000,000 point Trapdoor Bonus" on Funhouse. On Williams Hall of Fame the only wizard goal I was unable to get was reaching the sun on PinBot.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The only wizard goals I have left on PS3 tables is MMs battle for the kingdom and video mode, and CVs Join the Circus and Voltair goals. CV is just a matter of me getting more and more nervous the farther into completing all the steps goes. MM I have never reached even the start of BFTK.

I do think Funhouse had 2 brutal goals. The 4 way combo is just maddening trying to complete. Truly a skill based goal. Strangely enough, the stupid skill shot into rudy's hideout took me forever due to plunger issues being too sensitive.

Members online

Members online