Most difficult Wizard goals / Tables with most difficult goals overall

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The 4-way shot in Funhouse is no picnic, but not too bad if it registers for you. I had to get it twice in order to get it to count.

From easiest to hardest (IMO) on the PS3:

1. Gorgar
2. Black Hole
3. Black Knight
4. Bride of Pin*Bot
5. Funhouse
6. Tales of the Arabian Nights
7. Theater of Magic

I gave up on RBION and I'm still working on MM, CV, MB, & CFTBL

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I guess you who haven't finished Lyman's Lament haven't tried (or wanted to try) the "cheat" that activates it? Must be pretty much impossible otherwise...

Atlantis on Ripley and Battle for the Kingdom on MM are absolutely the hardest ones. I have spent hundreds of virtual dollars on trying to finish them. It's very difficult on iPad with no troll bombs and no real ability to nudge prooperly.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Doing Lyman's Lament with the flipper code doesn't get you the wizard goal. You have to get it the hard way.

(Exploiting the ROM's multi-player bug apparently gets you the points, just like on the real table, but not the goal, though I haven't tried it.)

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I guess you who haven't finished Lyman's Lament haven't tried (or wanted to try) the "cheat" that activates it? Must be pretty much impossible otherwise...

Atlantis on Ripley and Battle for the Kingdom on MM are absolutely the hardest ones. I have spent hundreds of virtual dollars on trying to finish them. It's very difficult on iPad with no troll bombs and no real ability to nudge prooperly.
I honestly don't understand why people have such trouble with lymans lament, it just takes a while. The shot is pretty darn easy to backhand from the right flipper. Even if you miss, a weak shot at the center lane usually bounces back into the scoop. The return from the scoop is TRIVIAL. Just hold up both flippers and the ball will gently bounce onto the right flipper every time, setting you up perfectly.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I honestly don't understand why people have such trouble with lymans lament, it just takes a while. The shot is pretty darn easy to backhand from the right flipper. Even if you miss, a weak shot at the center lane usually bounces back into the scoop. The return from the scoop is TRIVIAL. Just hold up both flippers and the ball will gently bounce onto the right flipper every time, setting you up perfectly.

What he said. Biggest issue with doing this method is boredom! The funny thing is I use this method now to just play the table, cause I get great scores out of it all the time!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I've only completed all the Wizard goals on a handful of tables - Bride of Pinbot, Funhouse, Gorgar (well, it still says I have one left but I've done it just not gotten credit), and maybe one or two others. Bride of Pinbot was far and away the easiest. I seem to recall having more trouble getting the 600,000 Pinbot shot than the billion point shot. Funhouse was fairly easy other than the trapdoor. I've done all the goals on Funhouse twice and the trapdoor took me awhile the first time. The second time, I completed the trapdoor one twice in one game very easily.

As for the others, there's a bunch I probably won't even try for. Some because I simply don't like the table (Black Knight) and the rest because they're either too hard or whatever.

Tabe

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012

I haven't gotten it, but I've gotten most of the way there; my best game had 30 hits to the scoop. It's mostly a question of having the attention span to do it, and not get distracted by the rest of the game tempting you to play it and drain the ball.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I do think Funhouse had 2 brutal goals. The 4 way combo is just maddening trying to complete. Truly a skill based goal. Strangely enough, the stupid skill shot into rudy's hideout took me forever due to plunger issues being too sensitive.
For me, the 4-way was not much of a problem at all. The skill shot? That one is hard. Well, it's not actually hard - in real life it's very easy - but hard because Farsight butchered that aspect of the game. It's not that the plunger is too sensitive it's that it's just implemented poorly. Everything about the initial launch is messed up on Funhouse - just look at how many times you can do a strong pull and yet the ball goes sideways out of the chute or whatever.

Tabe

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I know I'm in the extreme minority here but, I think the wizard goals need to be harder. For me, it seems that most of the goals are just par for the course when learning the tables. The only goals I had any real trouble with was the MB special and some video modes.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I know I'm in the extreme minority here but, I think the wizard goals need to be harder. For me, it seems that most of the goals are just par for the course when learning the tables. The only goals I had any real trouble with was the MB special and some video modes.
If FarSight can get past the licensing troubles and do some of the modern Sterns, your wish for ultra-difficult-to-reach wizard modes will be granted. Some of them are literally once-in-1000-games propositions even for expert players.

K

Korven

What he said. Biggest issue with doing this method is boredom! The funny thing is I use this method now to just play the table, cause I get great scores out of it all the time!

Biggest issue for me is getting so damn nervous getting close to 44, on the last attempt I missed by 3 shots, aarrgghhh!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, you're definitely in the minority on that one.

And a lot of the goals are NOT just "par for the course" when learning the tables. For some games, like Bride of Pinbot and Funhouse (though I don't think the 4-way combo really comes about naturally during gameplay - you have to try for it), I would definitely agree. But not for stuff like Ripley's and MM and several of the others.

I would definitely agree that the ones for Funhouse should be harder. I think "earn an extra ball every possible way in one game" would be a good Wizard Goal for Funhouse. Change the Super Frenzy one into "Activate Super Frenzy twice in one game". Change the 3,000,000 Million Plus shot to 4,000,000. Maybe work in a "Get 50 Rudy Hits in one game" or something.

Tabe

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
@ S7

I sure hope so. It seems that lately I can get the goals done on the same day as I get the new tables. (unless there's a bugged goal)
I just like to suffer a little for my craft. It's been a while since the goals offered any challenge. (ToM, Ripley's and MM were the tough ones for me)

I guess it boils down to chasing that feeling you get when you get that 1st Atlantis, BftK or LitZ, as the case may be. You know the feeling.
The haze is gone. The weight is lifted. I can breathe fire! The World is Mine!

I just haven't had that feeling lately. (I know TZ & ST:TNG are gonna change that :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.