Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The TPA version of Tee'd Off! is a tremendous improvement over the PHoF version. I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I do.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
El Dorado: City of Gold

Always see it criticized as the worst table for being boring and ugly with annoying sounds. I find the table, ambiance and sounds unique and pretty. I love Gottlieb drop targets and it's one of my favorite tables. It's classic pure pinball.

Love the layout and gameplay for the table are great. But the sounds really kill it - and the table art isn't so hot either.

There are multiple tables with the El Dorado layout and unfortunately this version isn't the best of the bunch. If they did Target Alpha I think that would have gone over better with the retro-60's sci-fi art style and better sounds. Even the original El Dorado would likely have worked better.

But it is what it is. I still play it but would really have enjoyed it more if it was one of the other versions.

Last edited:

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
Based on my personal rankings vs. overall rankings mine would probably be Champions Pub (other). Haven't played it a lot yet, but pretty interactive game play.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Firepower? Uh, no. As far as I'm concerned this table is, obviously, not emulated and is NOT properly scripted. I owned a real one and so much is missing. I love FP IRL. I hate FP on TPA.

My vote. Lights, Camera, Mutha-F*cking Action! So much to do on this table and it's HARD! I've played it IRL and the TPA conversion is spot on. Sooo underated.

I agree with everything you stated!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Firepower? Uh, no. As far as I'm concerned this table is, obviously, not emulated and is NOT properly scripted. I owned a real one and so much is missing. I love FP IRL. I hate FP on TPA.

My vote. Lights, Camera, Mutha-F*cking Action! So much to do on this table and it's HARD! I've played it IRL and the TPA conversion is spot on. Sooo underated.

I've been playing a lot of Firepower in the tournament and forgot how much I love and hate it. That bleeping left outlane vacuum.....

What exactly is missing or wrong about the way it's scripted? More and more I'm wanting to see these early tables fixed up.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Count me in!
My weekly game is always on the leaderboards. This week I made 29M. Despite its challenging attitude I am able to play for a while and the results don't seem pure luck. I rated it 6/10 - higher than BSD which is mostly a dice roll.

I'm also a fan of the older tables like Gorgar or F2K which I rated higher.

I love Gorgar. F2k is pretty good as well. With so many people likening the older tables I really have to wonder why they don't make more of them. It's like most of them are guilty pleasures or something!!??

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Sorry if I'm not on track here, but I have to say Gottlieb/Premier tables. I went to a Pinball and Arcade game show in Orlando, I got to play 3 Gottlieb/Premier games I never played in real life and loved them very much. They were Freddy: A nightmare on elm street, Stargate, and Water World, my point is I hear a lot of people saying no more Gottlieb/ Premier tables, why are you saying that. I want more of them I have played Surf N Safari, Cactus Jacks, Bone Busters Inc., Rescue 911, and Whipeout, I think every table I mentioned should come to The Pinball Arcade someday. I feel that Gottlieb tables are underrated, they are fun to play in my opinion, so why all the hating. I love Williams, Bally, Data East, Sega, and Stern a lot, but Gottlieb/Premier has some Awesome tables to, and by the way all the tables I listed are not on The Pinball Arcade yet, I didn't mention the ones on The Pinball Arcade because we already have them and I love all of them, even Genie and I don like EM games.

I agree w you David except I love genie.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Love the layout and gameplay for the table are great. But the sounds really kill it - and the table art isn't so hot either.

There are multiple tables with the El Dorado layout and unfortunately this version isn't the best of the bunch. If they did Target Alpha I think that would have gone over better with the retro-60's sci-fi art style and better sounds. Even the original El Dorado would likely have worked better.

But it is what it is. I still play it but would really have enjoyed it more if it was one of the other versions.

Target Alpha is MUCH better looking. Maybe they couldn't obtain one?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I've been playing a lot of Firepower in the tournament and forgot how much I love and hate it. That bleeping left outlane vacuum.....

What exactly is missing or wrong about the way it's scripted? More and more I'm wanting to see these early tables fixed up.

The first obvious thing is, no attract mode. The game does NOT continuously play its sounds in attract mode. Also, the sound effects never go into "crazy mode". IRL Firepower's sounds will get faster and faster till it starts making this weird noise. Missing from TPA. And the f'd up art is just...lazy.

Also, kick outs from a non-lit hole are faster too.

Another thing. Pops are not lit at start of game and light in pairs when targets are completed.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The first obvious thing is, no attract mode. The game does NOT continuously play its sounds in attract mode. Also, the sound effects never go into "crazy mode". IRL Firepower's sounds will get faster and faster till it starts making this weird noise. Missing from TPA. And the f'd up art is just...lazy.

Also, kick outs from a non-lit hole are faster too.

I guess I can't really see what's f'ed up with the art. I'm comparing the Vita version to pics online.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Target Alpha is MUCH better looking. Maybe they couldn't obtain one?
every other is better looking than the one we ended up with. I somehow get used to the game and I do play it from time to time. But that artwork, or lack of artwork.......... yuck.... Everything looks so flat, like the steamroller drove over the table. And scoring........... WTF. Reaching max bonus is't that difficult and that's about it. To score the same amount of points in game you need 3 days. Is the scoring equally bad in other versions?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I guess I can't really see what's f'ed up with the art. I'm comparing the Vita version to pics online.

Just look at the real table pictured at the table select screen. Side and front art is screwed up.

Also, ANY of the other incarnations of Krynski's classic design would have been better than the SS version of El Dorado with the original EM El Dorado being the best. But, yes, Target Alpha would have been good too.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts