• Genesis - Gottlieb - 1986

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Others

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karl

May 10, 2012
I really would love to see a Bally Widebody like Medusa in TPA, but I also realize it'll never win this poll. I voted for TFTC as I finally got to play it a month ago and thought it was interesting. I played Freddy probably 6 months ago and found it utterly redundant and casually easy. Another crap Premiere table if you ask me.

To my knowledge, Medusa is not a widebody

invitro

May 4, 2012
IPDB says the five Bally SS widebodies are:
Future Spa (1979)
Paragon (1979)
Space Invaders (1980)
Hotdoggin' (1980)
Embryon (1981)

I'd say nope to all five. They look like undesigned, jumbled messes.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
To my knowledge, Medusa is not a widebody

I stand corrected. I'd still like to see it in the game though.

As for what [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION] said, Paragon and Embryon are interesting to play. I've played Future Spa a few times and don't like it, and I've never liked Space Invaders other than for the Alien art they stole from Geiger. Not sure if I've touched a Hotdoggin' before.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I voted TFTC as I also played it last month and enjoyed it, but I think that the theme is not going to fit the family friendly atmosphere they want. I expect Bone Busters and for this forum to blow up at another Premier.

Gary

invitro

May 4, 2012
I voted TFTC as I also played it last month and enjoyed it, but I think that the theme is not going to fit the family friendly atmosphere they want.
I'm surprised a lot these days, but I'd be very surprised if the subject matter of TftC had anything to do with it not being in TPA. The main reason: Bram Stoker's Dracula and Frankenstein have some very grisly animations (and art?).

Tales from the Crypt is what I call a "live" license; it is still used to sell stuff (I'm pretty sure...). Rescue 911 isn't. So I'd expect the TftC license to be much more expensive than R911's was. Just guessing.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Either Freddy or TfTC is fine by me, but I'd rather see a new Data East than another Premier; although Freddy does have an extra bit of nostalgia attached to it since I've played it IRL when I was young.

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
I had never seen 'Transporter' until today and I never would have thought it would look like it does. Strange title. Looks good though.

Black_Spade

Feb 12, 2016
Thank you all for voting. Hope that someone at Farsight was watching closely....(Even If we all knew wich table was going to win The first day)Seriously, I was hoping for Medusa, Grand Lizard and Devils Dare to do better than this. Maybe some people thought that some of them arent really horror themed tables. Or maybe If I didnt screwed up and let people vote for more than 1 table....sorry about that by the way. Anyway, let's hope we'll finally get TFTC this year!

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
IPDB says the five Bally SS widebodies are:
Future Spa (1979)
Paragon (1979)
Space Invaders (1980)
Hotdoggin' (1980)
Embryon (1981)

I'd say nope to all five. They look like undesigned, jumbled messes.

Paragon is hard but good, Future Spa is good. I never played the other three.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Embryon is strange, it has this big ol' funny thing in the middle of the playfield. Hard to describe it. I think it has one or more captive balls in it. I played it once or twice, fairly recently (as in, in the past 2 or 3 years since I started going to shows).

Space Invaders looks great, and is never coming to TPA because of the legal issues the artwork caused when it first came out, let alone how tangled they'd be today. Gamewise, it's got a horseshoe - always fun! - but otherwise the experience of a 7-year-old who is dwarfed by this massive pinball table, differs a lot from a 40-something playing a fairly broken one over 30 years later.

Never met a Hotdoggin' or a Future Spa.

Paragon was in the same arcade as Space Invaders when I was a kid. I remember some guy in a yellow t-shirt with a big bushy beard playing it and being impressed when he got 350,000. (I also remember watching some guy clock Space Invaders, for what it's worth.)

pedersonsx

Apr 17, 2015
Was gonna vote, little too late i suppose. ah well, no big debate as the results show & i agree. TFTC is really a sore thumb.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
It's funny, seems like the one that had only 3 votes won. Had they looked at this poll first...

Last edited:

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I guess the solitary person who voted for Bone Busters will be thrilled right :confused:

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Seeing that FS seems to reply quicker to FB comments, I decided to leave them one.

Hope they understand we're tired of Gottlieb tables, then again I doubt it.

Members online

Members online