Multiball play style

hawk

Mar 1, 2014
What's your preferred strategy?

I try to keep as many balls on the playfield and don't focus on aim too much hoping some balls can randomly reach the targets and collect jackpots and other multiball awards until 2 balls are left on the playfield.

With 2 balls it is easier to focus on aim. I try to hold one on the flipper and aim for particular awards.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Depends on what's the objective. I normally purely play for survival, keeing all the balls in check. But in multiballs like in Creature, I plunge the balls into the bumpers if I locked in the slide, or all the way around if I locked in KISS. I then trap the ball going to the left flipper, and use the right to work on 4x scoring, then use the left ball to do all the jackpot stuff.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
On Sterns I typically flail like crazy and try to make as many lit shots as I can until only about one or two jackpots are left, when I go into full-on strategy - cradling balls etc.

On Williams / Bally machines, I tend to be strategic through the entire thing. This tends to come in handy with nailing the rock-it in Party Zone and re-locking the balls in Mousin' Around

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
Usually, I keep my eyes on the ball during regular play. However, when it comes to multiball, my eyes are now on the flippers. This is my preferred strategy because as long as I keep my eyes on the flipper, I can assure myself all the balls are at play (unless they go down the outlanes :( ).

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
My preferred playing style in a three ball multiball is to lose the first ball as quickly as possible...hopefully before I even hit it with a flipper. My next signature move is what I like to call the Mother f***ing double outlane drain. It's a tough one to pull off but boy is it satisfying when I can pull off that maneuver cleanly!

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
My preferred playing style in a three ball multiball is to lose the first ball as quickly as possible...hopefully before I even hit it with a flipper. My next signature move is what I like to call the Mother f***ing double outlane drain. It's a tough one to pull off but boy is it satisfying when I can pull off that maneuver cleanly!

Sounds like my style to me, only I can also do the Triple Single File Center Drain.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
In most regards I like to consider myself a hybrid player. I like flow and I like catch and shoot and play whatever feels best at that moment. Multiball is no different.

My multiball strategy all depends on the table. AFM and MM, I tend to throw a ball up into the bumpers and try to get a nice rhythm on the ramps while the ball bounces around increasing the bonus x.

On two ball multiball you have to keep it together and control control control because losing a ball means the good times are over.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I barely catch. I aim and launch. Never hold. Sometimes the other balls get in the way. So be it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The only game I consistently cradle a ball on is Creature, otherwise I tend to just flip like a mofo.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Kind of in-between. I do cradle from time to time, but especially when there are a lot of balls in play I will just flip and hope for the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.