My portrait mode setup for TPA (fake mini cab)

LtFacemelter

Nov 15, 2013
Not sure if it registers as a keyboard or joystick, but if it's a joystick use a program like xpadder or joy2key and convert it to keyboard inputs. Remap TPA controls and you'll be good to go.

The X-Arcade Tankstick registers as a keyboard, not a joystick. So you can map the buttons to any key you like. It also allows you to use the trackball as a mouse. I bought mine last year and have set it up to play Future Pinball on a dual monitor setup. With the release of TPA and portrait mode, it works like a charm and is most definitely the most fun way to play!

My current setup is a 42" Vizio LED and a 22" Viewsonic monitor. The X-Arcade sits on top of a pedestal made specifically to fit it, but can also easily be setup on a TV Stand, book shelf or other box of similar height.

x4rHUvJ.jpg

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I have an X-arcade Tankstick as well. Works great for pinball. You can use the other side buttons for nudging (requires an AHK script in some games since they're actually left and right mouse buttons).

LtFacemelter

Nov 15, 2013
I have an X-arcade Tankstick as well. Works great for pinball. You can use the other side buttons for nudging (requires an AHK script in some games since they're actually left and right mouse buttons).

I like to use the left joystick for nudging. Works well with a good smack in any direction.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I like to use the left joystick for nudging. Works well with a good smack in any direction.

Yeah, that's the way I do it too. I also have a dual joy stick model and use the left stick to nudge and the right stick for the plunger.

Timelord ...

Yeah, but there are situations where you need to nudge and flip at the same time (nudge slap saves) or shortly thereafter. That's where it's nice having the nudge buttons on the side right next to the flipper buttons.

But definitely agree about using the right stick for the plunger. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.