Name of the app with dots

mojnma

Aug 20, 2017
Hello!

i play PA since it was released on iOS.
Then it was renamed to Pinball Arcade Plus.
It says "Pinball Arc..."
I don't like it. It was better Pinball Arcade.

Please change it!

In addition it would be cool to define one table which then define the symbol of PA like it was in the first seasons. After that PA starts with this, my favorite table.

Greetings

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The change was necessary as Apple had them change the name of The Pinball Arcade Free. Apparently Apple didn't want the word free in the app name. So the names changed to The Pinball Arcade and The Pinball Arcade Plus. I doubt it will ever change back.
Welcome to the forum mojnma.

mojnma

Aug 20, 2017
Thank you, Kolchak357.
Maybe Apple will someday allow longer Appnames.

My other wishes in PA are:

- 3D Touch on App to load last and favorite table
- watch app with watch Face e.g. Funhouse "It's getting late!"

mojnma

Aug 20, 2017
I noticed, e.g. the App "7 Minutes Workout Challenge" has this long name in the appstore. The App itself is named 7MWC and not 7 Minutes...
Come on, do the update. Read my last post. Improve the game.

Greetings

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yes, but you can change the app name on the display so it doesn't look so bad. I don't know if you can, but instead of "Pinball Arcade Plus", use "Pinball Arcade+" or something to prevent iOS from automatically truncating the app name.

Lots of apps do this so they avoid the dreaded "..." showing in the app name. Heck, Even using "TPA+" would show up much nicer.

It's a display thing.

Blaming Apple isn't the solution - this has long been an issue for apps - if your name is too long, it will be truncated automatically by the OS and you'll get a ugly name.

mojnma

Aug 20, 2017
+1

Also:
The official name and the appname can be different.
Most apps use a short version.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.