Request Never know when a tournament is going on.

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
Why can't they announce tournaments somehow? Send it in a update, email, newsletter or something. I went to go play a tournament and it said the tourney has already ended and I did not participate. I enjoy the tournaments but never know when one is going on????

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
You've got a very good point there; I've wondered the same thing myself.

I'm all for e-mail tournament notification, but don't know if that would be possible for PS3|Xbox|any platform where FarSight might not know your e-mail address(?)

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
The only way I knew a tournament had started was when a thread about it showed up in this forum. That was a couple of days into the tournament.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
All it needs is for a exclamation mark or something to appear on top of the tournament option to show people there's something going on.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
they don't announce them on their facebook page or twitter account?

social media, how do they work?

why in the world should I have to sign up for facebook or twitter to be alerted to events happening within a video game? crazy idea: how about the video game somehow lets us know?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think its funny it says I didn't participate even though I came in second, unless its a reference to the KS tournament. Still it would be nice to KNOW when a tournament has started or even a heads up before it starts.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
I think the best way to notify iOS players is to use push notifications. It's already set up so I'm assuming its just a matter of pushing a message out and also have a badge on the app.
I realize that this would not include the other platforms though.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I think the best way to notify iOS players is to use push notifications. It's already set up so I'm assuming its just a matter of pushing a message out and also have a badge on the app.
I realize that this would not include the other platforms though.

Great idea.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I think its funny it says I didn't participate even though I came in second, unless its a reference to the KS tournament. Still it would be nice to KNOW when a tournament has started or even a heads up before it starts.

you and I are ps3 plebeians.. the tournaments for us are just the patricians hand me downs... we've had one (1) tournament on ps3, mobile has had infinitely more

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think an easier solution and one that will work on all platforms would be that when you click on the tournament button when there is no tournament it will tell you the date of the next tournament rather than say the tournament is over. Of course this would require FS to adopt a tournament schedule at least one tournament ahead but that is not a bad thing.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
That is a great idea brakel, something else they could do as well is have the tournament button flash when a tournament is active. Another good idea would be a scrolling marquee like Zen 1 used to do as well as many other video games.

N

netizen

5 - 1 = infinity

infinity-gauntlet-vision-dies.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts