New BETA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
We're having a blast playing 5 minute challenge over in #PinballArcadeFans.

So when this beta is released, do you want us to hold off on blabbing about the mystery table? Or is the release going to coincide with a formal "Surprise, the table is <insert_table_here>".

The iOS beta testers don't mention the new table, to show respect for the announcement chain. We don't want to steal FS' thunder.

I can say that I personally will refrain from naming the new table until it is formally announced.

I know this hasn't been the tradition in the past, but FS has never indicated a desire to tamp on new table talk in the Android beta. On the other hand, since they're doing just that in the iOS beta, I take it to mean they would prefer to have a big reveal. I don't want to interfere with that.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I can say that I personally will refrain from naming the new table until it is formally announced.

I know this hasn't been the tradition in the past, but FS has never indicated a desire to tamp on new table talk in the Android beta. On the other hand, since they're doing just that in the iOS beta, I take it to mean they would prefer to have a big reveal. I don't want to interfere with that.
Actually, there's never been a demand that "Thou Shalt Not Reveal the New Tables" made to the iOS testers as far as I can tell. It's just been assumed out of a sense of respect. It's their game, they should be able to announce it on their terms.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Actually, there's never been a demand that "Thou Shalt Not Reveal the New Tables" made to the iOS testers as far as I can tell. It's just been assumed out of a sense of respect. It's their game, they should be able to announce it on their terms.
I see. In that case, we Android testers have been rather fast and loose in that respect. Just like our devices, our community is more fragmented and thus, harder to control, I suppose. :p

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Usually the tables are announced by the time the Android beta comes out, so it's not normally an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts