New GlowBalls

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Just downloaded the latest update for iOS. New glowballs are fun. Faster gameplay? Thoughts?

EDIT: I was thinking these were going to be like the globalls for real machines: really light like the powerball for Twilight Zone for a different gameplay experience. After trying on a few tables, I believe these are just for "looks." No physics changes as far I can tell.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Why did this have to be licensed? I'm not being a smartass. I'm seriously asking. Why does the use of bright colors require a quid-pro-quo? Does FS have to pay the light bulb companies for lighting up the bumpers and slingshots?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Hope these come to the PS4! Been hoping for something like this for a while to help visibility. : )

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
*edit*

The glo balls were already in my special balls didn't have to buy them. Wonder if it's because it gave me pro when I bought the standard season pass

Last edited:

Watchman

Jun 24, 2017
I have these without purchasing them as well. I'm on IOS. Maybe they feel bad for mobile users because they aren't as interesting without DX11. ��

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
bought the glo-balls for iOS before checking to see if I already had them...
the doctor who balls are there as well - probably from the kickstarter? Not digging those - really hard to see.

I like the glow-balls except the reflection is a little harsh -I noticed there is a similar hard edge reflection on the normal silver ball as well now.
needs to be softened up a bit. Would be really great if iOS version had table lighting options so the glo-balls could do their thing and really "shine".

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
so i posted this back in march. still waiting for that royalty check :cool:
People have been asking for a brighter ball for years. There is a brighten ball function on steam TPA that kind of works but could be much better. We have like 30 custom balls or so, that noboby ever asked for, but the one custom ball that has been asked for over and over and over again, and that would be very useful, and extremely appreciated, Farsight don't bother to make. The Addams family ball shows it is possile to have a self lit ball, and there even are glow in the dark balls in real life, why not make one for pinball arcade? I mean just charge 1$ for it and you have fast easy money in the bank. Come on Farsight, you can make it happen.

from http://www.modmypin.com/

GIDball.jpg

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ht-Slider-added)/page2?highlight=modmypin.com

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.