New Interface Needed !

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
There is already quite a large amount of tables and the scrolling down interface just does not work for many people.
Those who buy complete seasons receive some of the tables they never even intend to play. I would appreciate if I could at least delete them from the list and keep there only the ones I like to play. But what I would like to see the most is the same interface we find on the smartphones where you would have an icon of each table that you can drag and drop into folders. So i could still keep the tables I don't play or play less but they would be in different folders easy to locate.
And as you already have the icons of each table there is one less thing to do.

Dont know how to insert picture here but check the link for the icons to get the idea what am I talking about.

http://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
I know there has been a lot of work put into that scrolling down interface with the background pictures, music and achievements but maybe there could be a switch button in the corner that would switch between the two interfaces, or you could select the desired interface in the option menu.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
There is already quite a large amount of tables and the scrolling down interface just does not work for many people.
Those who buy complete seasons receive some of the tables they never even intend to play. I would appreciate if I could at least delete them from the list and keep there only the ones I like to play. But what I would like to see the most is the same interface we find on the smartphones where you would have an icon of each table that you can drag and drop into folders. So i could still keep the tables I don't play or play less but they would be in different folders easy to locate.
And as you already have the icons of each table there is one less thing to do.

Dont know how to insert picture here but check the link for the icons to get the idea what am I talking about.

http://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/

The concept of a Favourites folder has been requested many times. Many, many, times. Along with a whole host of other compelling features that would make the UX far better than it is now.

Don't get me started on the UI and UX of TPA. ::eye twitches::

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Don't worry the new UI is coming. They are working on it.
We even had a preview with a pic

When was it again... like two years ago...
Yeah something like that...

^^

night

May 18, 2012
Anyone who thinks Farsight is working on a new UI has been smoking something.....and not tobacco.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Don't worry the new UI is coming. They are working on it.
We even had a preview with a pic

When was it again... like two years ago...
Yeah something like that...

^^

December 2013. LMAO. Screenshots still available here.

"We will be implementing a new and improved interface that will greatly improve the user experience in 2014!" :cool:

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
They were. Then the guy who was working on it quit. Kind of died a death right then and there.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant thread.

Seriously though, it really needs it badly. I imagine this is one of those "in our spare time" projects.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Seriously, though, how much do you think FS regrets doing that 12 Days Of Christmas now (just look at last year's 12 Days for an idea...)? Wait, are those the faint sounds of DX11 I hear knocking on the crate begging to be let out of private beta...?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Seriously, though, how much do you think FS regrets doing that 12 Days Of Christmas now (just look at last year's 12 Days for an idea...)? Wait, are those the faint sounds of DX11 I hear knocking on the crate begging to be let out of private beta...?

I think the timetable they gave on some of these things is what's biting them in the a--. What sucks is that the UI looked great. PAD is a good idea. Orbals is awes....I'm sure it's going to be neat. DX11 is finally coming out....a year later than hoped for, but it's imminent. X360 gets closer every day, and those users are very patiently waiting.

51217984.jpg

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
That is cruel! :p

One of the most important tables missing from TPA surely is Tales from the Crpyt.And as long as there is no PAD there probably won't be no Tales.Sad.

It amazes me that a monochrome cartoon beheading is keeping us from this table.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just to stoke the fires...

There are some things FS is going to introduce to TPA that they have said in order to do they will need a new UI. Now whether or not that means the UI we want or just a few extra tabs inserted, I don't know. Just seems that even they are realizing the bottleneck they are facing.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just to stoke the fires...

There are some things FS is going to introduce to TPA that they have said in order to do they will need a new UI. Now whether or not that means the UI we want or just a few extra tabs inserted, I don't know. Just seems that even they are realizing the bottleneck they are facing.

I'm willing to bet with them having to beta test 50+ tables individually for DX11, they're beginning to see the shortcomings of the current system in a way that perhaps before they didn't.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Starship Troopers has stuff like that, so maybe it isn't a problem at all.

Well yeah. Lots of stuff like that. And not just monochrome either - the trooper with leg stumps bleeding out between the flippers being the prime example, but also the squad leader/sarge getting his brains squished by a bug if you hurry up the "Next Planet" announcement, the animation when you drain down an outlane, the brainbug sucking the guy's brains out...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Starship Troopers has stuff like that, so maybe it isn't a problem at all.

Ooh. Good point! And it's based on a gory rated R movie so you can't blame it on the franchise either. If anything, FS themselves have set the precedent to be able to allow Freddy.

Edit: Ack, not Freddy. Tales.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts