New physic`s 3.0

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
I have a question about Flipper Physics 3.0:
Is "live catching" integrated in the Physics or somehow scripted?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
bloody great on XENON,thanks Farsight !!! :cool: looking forward to the EURO CUP BARCA vs JUVE and also the WOMENS WORLD CUP starts straight after EURO CUP.GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE WOMEN.:cool:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
If I had a wish please implement in in scared stiff next so I can get that darn wizard goal where you need to make a weak shot

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I don't know who or where but somebody mentioned that he is frequently searching the playfield where the ball went after a great shot, only to realize that it is still stuck on the flipper and slowly draining...
Haha. Had this happen to myself quite a lot and really made me laugh.
So yes, it definitely could happen less frequently.
Less stick, more sensitivity for very fast button presses for my taste.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Thanks for the info, Fungi. Wouldn't be historically accurate perhaps, but it seems to me many TPA tables would benefit from steeper table angle.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
F-14 Tomcat, in particular, is supposed to scream. WHen freshly waxed, blink and you can miss the ball. TPA gets this right.

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
Add me to those who wish the live catching happened a little less frequently.

I see no correlation between Pinball Arcade's "live catching" and real life. It almost seems to happen randomly in TPA. In real life, you HAVE to drop (let go of button) the flipper at nearly the exact moment the ball hits the flipper. I see NO SUCH THING happen in TPA. It sometimes live catches for no obvious reason and when I TRY to live catch, nothing. I'd prefer they don't include advanced real physics pinball techniques at all than have ones that don't work right.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I see no correlation between Pinball Arcade's "live catching" and real life. It almost seems to happen randomly in TPA. In real life, you HAVE to drop (let go of button) the flipper at nearly the exact moment the ball hits the flipper. I see NO SUCH THING happen in TPA. It sometimes live catches for no obvious reason and when I TRY to live catch, nothing. I'd prefer they don't include advanced real physics pinball techniques at all than have ones that don't work right.

Live Catch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdlZS-0SAaw

Drop Catch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMeWlVv63Yw

Nate

Jan 20, 2015

your describing a drop catch there buddy

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Having played the game for so long without these 'catches', when it does now catch for some reason it always makes me laugh. I've no idea why...I just think it looks funny when you go to whack the ball and it's stuck on your flipper and youre looking round the table for your ball. During multiball on F14 I caught 2 at once! Not on purpose though... :)

I think I like the new physics, but I'm sure it requires more computing power. I can only play DX9 at moment on lowest setting...normally this is fine...but F14 won't play properly and it's at 30fps so everything is in slow motion. :(

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The best thing about the new flipper physics to me is the feel during multiball. Feels much more like the real thing when you are trying to react quickly to three or four balls coming at you. I don't really try for live or drop catches that often.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts