New season 5 tables are out on the PS3

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Yeah. :) The 3 are quite different:

• F14 is great, after playing a couple of games the other tables just feel slow. The clean layout and simple rules make for fast action.
  • Frankenstein looks good too, there is a lot to do and the theme is nice.
  • The Getaway I am not fully digging yet. It has a good flow though and plays fine.
This time I went straight for the season pass. Farsight deserves our full support!

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Anybody know whats new in v2.27 other than Season 5 support, like any of that new physics stuff they talk about in the other systems forums?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Anybody know whats new in v2.27 other than Season 5 support, like any of that new physics stuff they talk about in the other systems forums?

In the latest PS4 update, physics 3.0 has been implemented on Big Shot. Is it the same case on PS3?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

AFAIK, it's only been implemented on all tables on PC. Mobile is probably next.

chihuahua

Oct 19, 2015

Physics is my guess. I've been playing the first three tables for PS3 season 5 and the physics seem a little different than previous seasons. The new tables play really fast at times. Takes some getting used to. Even so, the new tables are outstanding, especially Frankenstein. I didn't think I'd care much for F-14 Tomcat but I love it so far. I could be wrong but older tables like Genie seem ultra smooth with 2.27.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Yes, the new tables have the new physics and it feels better than on the iPad. I haven't checked the other tables. The whole update was 600 MB or so...

Happy holidays!

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
So far, I can't seem to get into F14. Yes, it's fast, but my F14 games so far have been very short, and the table seems to lack depth. Am I missing something? Will I warm up to it over time? It always seems that every new batch of games released for PA has at least one meh title, and F14 is the one for me...

chihuahua

Oct 19, 2015
So far, I can't seem to get into F14. Yes, it's fast, but my F14 games so far have been very short, and the table seems to lack depth. Am I missing something? Will I warm up to it over time? It always seems that every new batch of games released for PA has at least one meh title, and F14 is the one for me...

F-14 is a great table. The left and right lanes are important. Left lane to increase the multiplier. Right lane to lock balls and get multiball. Also go for the middle half-circle lane where the upper flippers are. Once you get the hang of hitting the lanes, your score racks up fast and the table starts handing out free balls rather quickly. The new tables require finesse with the flippers. Heavy-handed flipper action can get the ball going too fast to keep in play. You also need to make liberal use of nudging on F-14 to keep the ball out of the flipper gap and side exit lanes.

Last edited:

Industrial_Foods

Nov 7, 2014
The Getaway is tremendous, especially the flow, and the loop at the top of the table. Really liking this table.

The F14 Tomcat is giving me bad 80's flashbacks. Not that it is a bad table, far from it, and the mechanics of the game where the balls emulate the actions of jets swooping by each other is great. I think it is due to the bad caricatures of Russians. Sort of laughable. I am left amazed at the intricacies of these tables, and what incredible pieces of functional art they are.

Frankenstein is beautiful, but disturbing. Music is tremendous. Best electronic display art yet.

SqueakyClean

Oct 2, 2015
Do any of you guys have a Vita on which they can test the new tables for us Vita players. I'm just very curious about how they play, especially if there is any slowdown/stutter... Any help is much appreciated!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Any news about the european game update / S5 release? (PS3)

FS stated January 12th, but nothing (not really a surprise though)...

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
I checked about a hour ago.Nothing.I don't think there has been a patch yet either which usually precedes new tables.Apparently Sony is a bit more flexible with their updates than they used to be so Tue/Wed isn't set in stone.Perhaps the tables will roll in by Fri.Perhaps.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Just saw this exchange over at fb which apparently occurred about 9hrs ago:

Good morning, can i have a question when will be PS3 / Vita Release: Season Five Pass, The Getaway: High Speed II™, F-14 Tomcat™ and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein™ in Europe?

The Pinball Arcade: We have released the Season 5 pass, and you should be able to access it now.

Subsequently i went to check the psn store.Nothing so far.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Just saw this exchange over at fb which apparently occurred about 9hrs ago:

Subsequently i went to check the psn store.Nothing so far.

I let our facebook Rep know know the post was incorrect. Vita failed the EU submission so we had to hold back the PS3 EU release. Sorry about the wait and were still working on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.