New table price season 3

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'm gonna go ahead and say I don't like having two-pack price for a single table now, and I agree that their explanation is really sketchy. But that said, I still got the season pass. It softens the blow, even if it's still overpriced.

What I don't understand is why Season 1 costs the least despite having the most tables, and the most high-profile ones at that. Season 2 is 10 bucks more despite having fewer tables, and 3 is the same price as 2 despite having nearly half as many.

shoelacious

Sep 28, 2013
What I don't understand is why Season 1 costs the least despite having the most tables, and the most high-profile ones at that. Season 2 is 10 bucks more despite having fewer tables, and 3 is the same price as 2 despite having nearly half as many.

It's the Kickstarter effect. The price includes the cost of bragging rights.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Cheers, hope to see tspp or something like family guy. Especially if they're not knocking a bit of money off the season cost.

If they did gave those tables it would most likely end up as a kickstarter. This means that the tables are going to cost some people quite a bit extra over the cost if the season. Me being one of those people.

Quite frankly, Fish Tales is among the highest quality tables I've seen released by FS and if they release tables like that all season then it is going to be worth the price of admission.

I strongly suggest buying the season pack unless you have been picking and choosing all this time as you will get each table for 3$, or 4$ with pro mode, which I suspect will be on each table this season.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I personally feel quality over quantity is the best way to go. I just hope personally that I get to play pinball again. Pinball makes me happy. My father hogs the Nexus. :(

night

May 18, 2012
Quite frankly, Fish Tales is among the highest quality tables I've seen released by FS and if they release tables like that all season then it is going to be worth the price of admission.

I cannot agree more. Although I personally will not buy the season pack (yet). I have seen my share of dramas on the iOS, Class of 1812 is a graphic abomination, (throw in Victory as well) to think of Goin' Nuts, the sloppy job they did on Cactus Canyon, El Dorado…. no love. And to be honest, the quality we see now on Fish Tales should have been seen on FarSight's first Kickstarter TZ as well, and yes I know I have said it before, more than twice.. Quality tables deserve the same graphic attention and dedication. So I do hope Fish Tales is the beginning of the consistent quality FarSight is able to deliver, because they can(!) do it if they want to. Then a season pack is most definitely worth it's price.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Oh that's right. I dropped $30 for a promise of 10 tables this season. What I had forgotten is, what about kickstarter/premium tables? If FS does 1 or 2 this season, is that included in my $30? If so, then BONUS! Or, does this mean we will not see an uber table this year? In which case :(.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If there is a KS table this season, it will likely be included within the season, it may also be part of the 10 tables as well.

I'm only speculating based on history.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Farsight needs to step up their quality of they intend to sell a table or season for twice as much as they have in the past. Even the PS4 release is of uneven quality. Some tables look gorgeous, while others do not, and some tables ie. monster Bash don't seem to be able to keep a consistent frame rate. Presentation is weak and has gotten worse over time.

Right now I'm just not seeing the polish or value. Zen manages to continually produce a polished product at a lower price point, why can't Farsight at least do one or the other?

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Farsight needs to step up their quality of they intend to sell a table or season for twice as much as they have in the past. Even the PS4 release is of uneven quality. Some tables look gorgeous, while others do not, and some tables ie. monster Bash don't seem to be able to keep a consistent frame rate. Presentation is weak and has gotten worse over time.

Right now I'm just not seeing the polish or value. Zen manages to continually produce a polished product at a lower price point, why can't Farsight at least do one or the other?

If we could somehow marry the UI and friends/etc systems from Zen and the tables from TPA that'd be swell. As it is there are like three tables that are actually good in my opinion on PFX2, while a vast majority of the TPA tables are very good. I know where I'd rather put my money in the future. $5 a table is ridiculously cheap for the amount of time I get out of them.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
If we could somehow marry the UI and friends/etc systems from Zen and the tables from TPA that'd be swell. As it is there are like three tables that are actually good in my opinion on PFX2, while a vast majority of the TPA tables are very good. I know where I'd rather put my money in the future. $5 a table is ridiculously cheap for the amount of time I get out of them.

Good is pretty subjective, in my opinion, there are like 3 Zen tables that aren't good while the rest are a blast. The main difference though is still attention to detail and polish. There is a lot more love and care evident in Zen's work. I would gladly pay Farsight prices for Zen quality work, from any pinball developer

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
In my dream world Zen would buy FarSight, keep them intact in Big Bear and making TPA. Zen would publish TPA and could add their brand of UI and QA to the product. Zen of course would continue to publish their current offerings as well. I think FarSight could use a partner to help them produce some of the big name tables that many people want.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
In my dream world Zen would buy FarSight, keep them intact in Big Bear and making TPA. Zen would publish TPA and could add their brand of UI and QA to the product. Zen of course would continue to publish their current offerings as well. I think FarSight could use a partner to help them produce some of the big name tables that many people want.

Wake up your having a nightmare!

night

May 18, 2012
FarSight don't need anything from Zen. They need consistency, keep the graphic team that delivers quality, and flush the ones that keep f*cking it up.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
you certainly are becoming a quibbly lot arent ya guys, anyone remember when they had fun with tpa? tjis threads kinda depressing imho.

some comments are so absurd, i thought with the premiumgames coming out these days the thought of getting software of pennies was over.

let the good times roll even if it costs a few pennies extra..big fookin deal

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I remember having fun with TPA, hell I remember it like it was earlier this morning.

I think when it really comes down to it, if you don't want to pay the price....don't, and don't play, enjoy another game, or wait and wait while those of us who enjoy the game enjoy it at full price. i don't pay full price for very much but have no issues spending 5$ of my monthly income (or less) on this game. While everyone quibbles about stupid little things like UI tiles and little seams in the artwork that I only ever notice in the flybys anyway, I'll just be having fun playing pinball. Sad that some people just.can't.have.fun.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
What FarSight and what Zen are doing is two different things. Why people keep comparing them is beyond me. Zen makes their own games, and one of them happens to be video game pinball. That's it. Just because Zen Studios puts out a pinball game, it doesn't mean they'd do, or even know how to do, exactly what FarSight is doing when it comes to re-producing real pinball tables. Nor would they have the time, resources, or the interest. You might as well just say that you wish Capcom or SquareEnix would take over FarSight. It would be the same thing. Actually, it would be even better because larger companies have larger teams and budgets.

But personally, I don't wish for FarSight to be bought out by anyone. Who knows what would happen to the quality... it could be 100x worse, or the game might get canned completely. I, for one, as a pinball enthusiast, really appreciate the work FarSight has done, and I think very highly of the quality too. I don't want anything to change other than what you'd expect from anyone... for FarSight to just keep improving themselves, and put out a consistently better product over time.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I remember having fun with TPA, hell I remember it like it was earlier this morning.

I think when it really comes down to it, if you don't want to pay the price....don't, and don't play, enjoy another game, or wait and wait while those of us who enjoy the game enjoy it at full price. i don't pay full price for very much but have no issues spending 5$ of my monthly income (or less) on this game. While everyone quibbles about stupid little things like UI tiles and little seams in the artwork that I only ever notice in the flybys anyway, I'll just be having fun playing pinball. Sad that some people just.can't.have.fun.
Thanks superballs and Gee Whiz,

I think paying $39.00 for 10 digital pro mode tables that are physical pinball machines in reality, is a real steal. Playing a pinball machine in Portland averages five games for $2.00 and that's a real deal. The price to play a real machine in many places is much more expensive. That's just my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts