New tables?

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
So wait, here in the UK i bought all the tables for the PS3, two tables in one pack, and you also got the PS vita version as well, is that now stopping, i hope not, if so i may as well go for the steam version now, cheaper in the long run and better release times.

Tell me i got this wrong, i hope i read this wrong. :(

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
So wait, here in the UK i bought all the tables for the PS3, two tables in one pack, and you also got the PS vita version as well, is that now stopping, i hope not, if so i may as well go for the steam version now, cheaper in the long run and better release times.

Tell me i got this wrong, i hope i read this wrong. :(

What happened is that almost all tables from the Pinball Hall of Fame series are now also available in TPA. Every table (except Premium ones like ST:TNG) had, as a bonus, a PHoF table added, thus being a "Table Pack" of a new table and an "old" table. Starting Season 3 there are no more PHoF tables included (which sadly leaves out Sorcerer and Ace High, as well as Jive Time). Note: I'm of the opinion that at one point FS "retconned" this theory, but this is what the story is. This is across the board, so going to Steam will not make a difference.

The Season 3 tables are still cross-buy for PS3 and Vita, single-buy for PS4.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
What happened is that almost all tables from the Pinball Hall of Fame series are now also available in TPA. Every table (except Premium ones like ST:TNG) had, as a bonus, a PHoF table added, thus being a "Table Pack" of a new table and an "old" table. Starting Season 3 there are no more PHoF tables included (which sadly leaves out Sorcerer and Ace High, as well as Jive Time). Note: I'm of the opinion that at one point FS "retconned" this theory, but this is what the story is. This is across the board, so going to Steam will not make a difference.

I really think there should be PS4/Vita cross-buy. Buy the PS4 version, get the Vita version.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

Even though at the very beginning they actually charged for each table separately. You could buy one table or the other or the table pack. And people asked FarSight why they were charging almost the same amount for a table that they had already done in HoF versions. FarSight explained that they were redoing all those old tables from scratch. Tearing down the tables, rescanning, etc. so the cost was justified. Then when they went to single table releases at the same price as the two table packs FarSight came up with the "there really wasn't any new work done to the HoF tables so we really just threw those in for free" crap! And a bunch of us said that they can't have it both ways. Were you lying to us before or lying now? And we were answered with the sound of crickets in the distance.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013

Well from what i am reading it will be cheaper to go the Steam route as you can still by the season 3 pass on there, plus also more importantly, the steam version is already 4 tables a head of the PS3, so no more waiting months for tables that are out on iso and PC, plus no more trophy support for PS3 tables, not that i am a trophy hunter, but it's a nice feature for the PS3 and its a annoying to now have some with, and without trophy support.

It's a real shame as well, i love the PS3 version and had intended to stick with the PBA console version when i got a PS4, but it seems now the steam version is the way to go, pay less and get tables quicker.

Oh well, onwards and upwards, Junkyard here i come. :)

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
It's a real shame as well, i love the PS3 version and had intended to stick with the PBA console version when i got a PS4, but it seems now the steam version is the way to go, pay less and get tables quicker.

Those are valid arguments; I am, for as long as it takes to complete S3 on the PS3, holding off on the PS4 consile to see where the Steam version is going - specifically DX 11.x support, ultra high-res graphics (for 4K play), and the lighting model. Since I will need to purchase/build a new PC anyway, I might as well invest the $450 (Canadian) in a more capable Graphics card and more RAM. OTOH, if FS is going to support Morpheus, then having a PS4 might be interesting (finally can time the upper right flipper on TZ right).

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Oh, i had no idea the PC version was heading for all those updates, i already have quite a good PC (I7 core) so in the long run the PC version might be the way to go for me, i can't imagine how the tables would look on all ultra high-res graphics. :)

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Extra long weekend coming up with Ascension day tomorrow and the Friday off as well. Wouldn't mind a few new tables... :cool::cool:

sukmytoe2

May 14, 2014
I mailed Shahid Ahmad at PS and he is going to investigate what the problem with the Euro Store is. I kind of hope the lot of them are fired.

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Must be a big problem with releases, because Wolf Among Us Episode 4 isn't released too, because it is out on all Platform since yesterday.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
LCA out for the "first class" platforms. Hopefully we'll be thrown a few older bones on the 17th and 24th (maybe a happy surprise on the 10th?)... and then us SCEA region can count ourselves lucky.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
The newsletters out and nothing is mentioned on the NA PSN side. Not good news at all.

Yeah I noticed that too. I guess with all the problems on the EU PSN side and the ramping up on XBOX its understanable that's where their focus will be right now. I've been busy playing lots of real pinball lately so I guess its easy for me to wait for new TPA content.

Speaking of the newsletter - it looks like they included the wrong list of table for the upcoming tournament, unless they are actually going to do the same set again.. :confused:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Ok, its just a simple mistake. No need to get overly upset. Even the delays in new content just mean that there will be a time when we get a bunch at once, so look forward to that.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Ah, there's so many posts like that which are serious around here these days that its hard to tell them apart lol. My mistake.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts