New UI Public Beta

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Video going through the DX11 beta menus.

Dear Farsight,

Stop using the backbuffer as a reference, it's what causes a lot of your problems.

I played a little bit and saw a new animation for goals*, that's cute but then tried to do another goal on another table and crashed to desktop.. I'll figure out how to reproduce that soon

*the animation made the game feel sluggish

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Dear Farsight,

Stop using the backbuffer as a reference, it's what causes a lot of your problems.

I played a little bit and saw a new animation for goals*, that's cute but then tried to do another goal on another table and crashed to desktop.. I'll figure out how to reproduce that soon

[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] you should really take a look at the video relaxation has posted here.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] you should really take a look at the video relaxation has posted here.

Already did and passed it on to the New UI programmer.

Dear Farsight,

Thanks for the report! Were working on an update.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Okay I've played

Dr Dude -> goals -> exit table -> creature -> goal&crash
Creature -> goals -> exit table -> dr drude -> goal&crash
Creature -> goals -> exit table -> diner -> goal&crash

Dr dude -> exit table -> diner -> goal -> exit table -> dr dude -> goal&crash

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Okay I've played

Dr Dude -> goals -> exit table -> creature -> goal&crash
Creature -> goals -> exit table -> dr drude -> goal&crash
Creature -> goals -> exit table -> diner -> goal&crash

Dr dude -> exit table -> diner -> goal -> exit table -> dr dude -> goal&crash

Safe to say accomplishing a goal on multiple tables in a game session causes the game to crash. It's being worked on.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Can't wait for the Newsletter 51 to see, if we find this:

We are very proud to announce that the new Pinball Arcade User Interface will be releasing to the public next week for Steam.

;)

This is from the same company that, for years, claimed that TPA was available for the WiiU. That version just recently became available.
And the same company that announced new DLC was coming out "in the next few months" for the XBox 360. Months turned into years.
Do FarSight's older "12 days of Christmas" newsletters ring any bells?

How about Black Knight ROM emulation?

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Weird, updated but I'm getting an error "the program can't start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

I will try just that and report back however just letting you know in case it's something at your end Farsight friends :)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Weird, updated but I'm getting an error "the program can't start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

I will try just that and report back however just letting you know in case it's something at your end Farsight friends :)

Or view integrity of the game cache and repair. It should replace the missing file.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Just tried the new UI version. At first, it was hard to get the table selection page as I was fixated by the 4 choices in the middle of the screen. After finally noticing the 'Tables' icon in the upper left corner, I got to the table selection menu.

All in all, the new UI isn't too bad, just a couple added choices.

Now we need online multiplayer.....

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Just tried the new UI version. At first, it was hard to get the table selection page as I was fixated by the 4 choices in the middle of the screen. After finally noticing the 'Tables' icon in the upper left corner, I got to the table selection menu.

All in all, the new UI isn't too bad, just a couple added choices.

Now we need online multiplayer.....

It's currently being worked on and should be in a PC beta next week.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Wish I'd tried that first, didn't notice pinball arcade is now over 8gb in size... WHOA! Works fine now, thanks for next time :)

Of which you only need half. Seriously they should offer seperarte downloads for dx9 and dx11. Or give away free ssds

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
New UI released on Android: Ball skin purchases all lost, Season pack tile sizing changes if you select season 5 first, Viewing in portrait mode limits filter options in table select, Still no table fixes, No way to actually exit the app even with the back arrow, Just like the PC version no setting changes take permanent effect until after a game is completed to the end of last ball, Even though the app tries to resell ball skins the skin selection thing pre-game ****s the texturesvup while switching ball skins, Had to logout and back in then restart to reget access to ball skins and they aren't available on all tables.

What happened to beta testing this?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts