New UI Public Beta

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There seems to be a reversion backwards on the entering of initials. If you try to use the flipper buttons as was normal, it doesn't scroll through the alphabet but acts as if you pushed 'X' on your gamepad. Instead I have to use a mouse to click the arrows on the pop up window. It was like this in an old beta and I thought it had been corrected, but here we are back to it.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
The new UI is horrible and buggy too. After entering initials for a new 111B White Water hiscore the complete TPA application closed without any comment. The score is lost. I won't play the game anymore until this bug is fixed... :mad:

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I am glad that I chose to purchase Zaccaria pinball from Steam. It is well worth the $40 IMO. I am sure glad it came out before season 6 of TPA. Glad I didn't have what happened to Tarek happen to me when he got his new high score on White Water. New high scores come few and far between for me.

I think this is my first negative post about TPA since I found the Android app in Dec 2012. :( Never thought I would have to do this.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Wonder why they even did the beta if they decided to be totally ignorant about the opinions here.
The bad reviews is no surprise to me...

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`ve been playing for a couple of hours,i`m using an XBOX 1 controller no problems,looks great ,simple to use even for a boof like me !! can I say I watched the Orlando football match against San Jose.what a BEAUTIFULL TRIBUTE TO THE PEOPLE THAT LOST THERE LIVES IN THE SHOOTING.I CAN SAY I WAS BROUGHT TO TEARS.MY HEART IS WITH ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ORLANDO,LOTS OF LOVE,AND I HOPE THE 53 WHO WERE INJURED HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
What I don't get, is that after a few cycles of beta testing, the new UI - on Steam - was actually very usable and a vast improvement over what it was when the public beta started. I only reverted back to the old UI because tournaments weren't working very well in the new UI, which I was prepared to forgive.

Fast forward to this general release, and a whole lot has changed completely (especially the Pinball Arcade sorting UI), some stuff has regressed horribly, and there are a ton of new bugs.

What on earth happened there? It's like they decided to ditch everything they'd done for the PC beta, replace it with stuff they'd done for the new UI on iOS/Android (to have a consistent UI - except it's not), and not properly test the new/revised features on PC.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
What I don't get, is that after a few cycles of beta testing, the new UI - on Steam - was actually very usable and a vast improvement over what it was when the public beta started. I only reverted back to the old UI because tournaments weren't working very well in the new UI, which I was prepared to forgive.

Fast forward to this general release, and a whole lot has changed completely (especially the Pinball Arcade sorting UI), some stuff has regressed horribly, and there are a ton of new bugs.

What on earth happened there? It's like they decided to ditch everything they'd done for the PC beta, replace it with stuff they'd done for the new UI on iOS/Android (to have a consistent UI - except it's not), and not properly test the new/revised features on PC.
Eldar I don`t know,i didn`t try the beta,i have found this new one quite easy to use.:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
(I know, second part was general speaking)

but keep watching football, it's the biggest thing in Europe right now and tonight plays your "Old Dart". :)
watching right now,just let you know my biggest love is FOOTBALL the worlds game haven`t missed a match yet.it`s been a great EURO so far ,hard to pick the winner.i`m sticking with FRANCE,NOT WITH A LOT OF CONFIDENCE.:cool:

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Hey guys! We really appreciate your feedback. We will be sending out an update to fix bugs in the coming days. We will also be making improvements over time based on your constructive critiques.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Latest update that changed it to the new UI did not fix the fullscreen issue for 1080p@60hz.

EDIT: By the way, I am actually very much for this update. It is so much easier to navigate than before. Add some mousewheel scrolling to the table select when you can. The organization is vastly improved.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts