Next KickStarter table Predictions?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As far as I know, Josh has actually helped in at least trying to line up what licenses are required for a table like TAF. Cold water is what he dumps on doing a table like Pinball Circus or any other prototype.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
No table that TPA gives us disappoints me. So I am much less hard to please. They have not produced a table of a single dud so far. Every table has some very addictive gameplay going on. Each table is a feast for the eyes. Especially on PC. OMG the tables are beyond beautiful.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
if they can't do Addams Family i'd like simpsons as well. That's a great table, plus it's the simpsons and you know that's going to open flood gates of new people to the pinball arcade

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
As far as I know, Josh has actually helped in at least trying to line up what licenses are required for a table like TAF. Cold water is what he dumps on doing a table like Pinball Circus or any other prototype.

Thats a shame. I don't want prototypes like goin nuts or prototypes on any regular basis but I would eventually like to see a couple Bally/Williams protos. It was mentioned by bobby king that they could do them so it would be a shame if nothing ever made it through digitally.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Thats a shame. I don't want prototypes like goin nuts or prototypes on any regular basis but I would eventually like to see a couple Bally/Williams protos. It was mentioned by bobby king that they could do them so it would be a shame if nothing ever made it through digitally.

Goin' Nuts is perhaps my favorite table at the moment. I do hope they have a couple of other hidden Gems like this in TPA future. A dozen of my friends playing TPA also said they just loved Goin' Nuts. It depends on the table I guess. However in Goin' Nuts case...it was a brilliant move to include it. I gotta go play it now. Talking about it makes me want to play it. :D

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
TAF doesn't do it for me anymore. I'd rather see SPP, GNR (Like that'll ever happen), AC/DC or Metallica. I like Indy, but it's not in my top 10 of wanted tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd prefer Family Guy over TSPP. But I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one.

My order of preference would be...TAF, AC/DC, LOTR, Tron LE, Family Guy, Indy, TSPP, Congo

warsaw303

Jun 8, 2012
I know taste is subjective but how can anyone think TAF is overrated? Right now it's #6 on IPDB. You think it deserves to be lower? It's the total package. I mean, there's a reason it had the highest production run of any table ever.

TZ is #1 on IPDB. That's a fun table, don't get me wrong. But if anything, THAT is overrated.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I know taste is subjective but how can anyone think TAF is overrated? Right now it's #6 on IPDB. You think it deserves to be lower? It's the total package. I mean, there's a reason it had the highest production run of any table ever.

TZ is #1 on IPDB. That's a fun table, don't get me wrong. But if anything, THAT is overrated.
The Addams Family is basically Whirlwind with a few toys and innovations, and a very well-executed theme. If it were not for that theme and its integration, it would have been merely an above-average game.

The Twilight Zone catches a lot of flak for turning off new players because of its difficulty (at least, the real one does). But its primary strength is that even after 2000 games, I have yet to get even slightly bored with it.

But more generally, everyone has tables they love and tables they hate for idiosyncratic reasons. I despise Doctor Who (the table - I like the series quite a bit), but I don't think that makes it a bad machine. It's just not my cup of tea. Similarly, TAF (and TZ for that matter) just doesn't resonate with some people. And that's perfectly okay, too.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I don't think Congo would require a Kickstarter.

Just because a movie bombed doesn't mean it wouldn't be expensive. They would have to pay off Paramount who made the movie, probably Michael Crichton who wrote the book that the movie is based on. And then the 3 or four actors that are on the art work (unless they didn't use their actual likeness. I'm not sure on this one). Not sure if the music from the movie is on the machine, but if it is, that's probably another license for the composer Jerry Goldsmith. Any one of these licenses might not be expensive, but when you put them together, they add up fast.

karl

May 10, 2012
Just because a movie bombed doesn't mean it wouldn't be expensive. They would have to pay off Paramount who made the movie, probably Michael Crichton who wrote the book that the movie is based on. And then the 3 or four actors that are on the art work (unless they didn't use their actual likeness. I'm not sure on this one). Not sure if the music from the movie is on the machine, but if it is, that's probably another license for the composer Jerry Goldsmith. Any one of these licenses might not be expensive, but when you put them together, they add up fast.

Don't forget the talking monkey ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts