No cab modifaction possible without aero?

FRAQATTAQ

Jun 2, 2016
Hello everybody,

I`m a huge pinball fan since I was a little boy more than 30 years ago. Now I`m building my own cab and beside Visual Pinball, and Pinball FX2 I`d like to add the Pinball Arcade becaue they have a lot of fantastic / better tables. Now I found out, that they don`t support a cabinet. I even wrote an e-mail to them and received the feedback, that it has "legal" reasons why they don`t support a cab (pretty strange in my opinion).

So I found the free camera mod and here`s my problem. My windows 7 version seems not to support aero. But if aero is not enabled, the mod does not work properly. Is there any way around to solve this problem and make all the necessary adjustments?

Thanks a lot!

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Hello everybody,

I`m a huge pinball fan since I was a little boy more than 30 years ago. Now I`m building my own cab and beside Visual Pinball, and Pinball FX2 I`d like to add the Pinball Arcade becaue they have a lot of fantastic / better tables. Now I found out, that they don`t support a cabinet. I even wrote an e-mail to them and received the feedback, that it has "legal" reasons why they don`t support a cab (pretty strange in my opinion).

So I found the free camera mod and here`s my problem. My windows 7 version seems not to support aero. But if aero is not enabled, the mod does not work properly. Is there any way around to solve this problem and make all the necessary adjustments?

Thanks a lot!

Try this?

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2066988/enable-window-transparency-aero-windows.html

FRAQATTAQ

Jun 2, 2016
yes, thank you. I tried this one and several other things, too. it just won`t work. why does this mod need aero anyway?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yes, there are legal reasons for not supporting cabinet mode - namely, the tables are licensed for free play personal use only and cabinet mode encourages people to start charging for table plays or commercial use.

FRAQATTAQ

Jun 2, 2016
Yes, there are legal reasons for not supporting cabinet mode - namely, the tables are licensed for free play personal use only and cabinet mode encourages people to start charging for table plays or commercial use.

if this is really the reason, I think it`s a little far-fetched (because i`ve never seen any virtual pinball machine anywhere in a public place. virtual pinball is around for a long time. so if this would be some kind of good business for anybody it would have happend already). but if this is the information that you have thanks for sharing it.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I've seen a VirtualPin in an arcade actually. Was surprised to see it was poorly configured in that you can't see the entire table on screen and the "backglass" was only showing 2/3rds of it.

But there have been a few posts of people wanting to create a TPA powered system for say, a bar, and asking if they could set it from free play to credits again. There's also posts of people making cabinets, but I think they mention Farsight has them sign a legal agreement saying it will never be used commercially and all that.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
It is needed because the graphics api of older windows is build around the aero theme and if you disable it you can't really render properly in "desktop" mode, which is needed for the two display output. It can work, but usually with really bad performance issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.