No Fear released on iOs

odoyle

Aug 31, 2015
aaaaaaaand no older tables got updated physics. Make my Christmas, FS. Let me play the greats with the improved flippers.. Please?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Any table without major game- or even app-breaking bugs is a success in my book and I don't mean that sarcastically. I don't know how many of you were playing TPA when it was first released but back in those days there was no remote backup, the app crashed like a testdummy, you could lose scores and goals in a heartbeat and tables had all kind of game- and heartbreaking bugs. The overall quality of the last three seasons is far improved over the first two and tables play better than ever. Communication is still below-par but I see Farsight employees like FlippyFloppy and Rschwanter more active on the forum than ever before. I personally find comments that they are using our money on drugs very derogative and unneccesary, even if they are meant in a tongue-in-cheek manner. Let's keep it a bit more civil and not revert into the cesspool that is named Farsight Facebook.

On topic: I really like this table after more playthroughs, a monster game is just waiting around the corner but frustratingly far off at the same time if you let the table tempt you to do risky things. The flow is off the charts and the money shots are definitely risky and rightfully so. Miss the Skull hole to the right and instant right outlane drain without a double nudge. Miss it to the left and it can go SDTM. It's very tempting to play the minor challenges. My only gripe would be that not everything stacks.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Maybe I just need more time with No Fear, to learn the rules. But I'd much rather play ST:TNG or HS2. Maybe it'll grow on me. Don't get me wrong, I'm still having fun with it. White Water is one of my favs, so it's not that I don't like loopy tables. Can't put my finger on it. Been there done that? Or maybe I'm just so hyped about Judge Dredd next month, and the new Stern app, that I'm just like meh. Also the new physics are killin me. I've been playing MM a lot lately and haven't been getting nearly as many live catches as with NF. It'd be one thing if it was on purpose, but pretty much all of them for NF are just random. Wouldn't mind some tweaking from FS as far as that goes. The table itself is awesome as usual. I'm the type that'll instabuy whatever FS comes out with, so these are just minor gripes. Keep doing what you're doing guys!

*there is also that possibility that I suck at using live catches correctly, or that I'm afraid of change, I've never had a problem with TPA's not having live catches. Not sure really

Last edited:

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
No release for Mac yet. No Fear was the first table I ever made completely solo for Visual Pinball so I was looking forward to comparing it. I guess I could boot up my Windows machine to try it. Judge Dredd could really use the Prototype mode with a working Dead World, though, but I could say the same for Earthshaker with the moving building (quite a few of those were really built). I had all those options in m VP versions. Yeah, it's not real 3D, but I lock Pinball Arcade's view anyway.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Maybe I just need more time with No Fear, to learn the rules. But I'd much rather play ST:TNG or HS2. Maybe it'll grow on me. Don't get me wrong, I'm still having fun with it. White Water is one of my favs, so it's not that I don't like loopy tables. Can't put my finger on it. Been there done that? Or maybe I'm just so hyped about Judge Dredd next month, and the new Stern app, that I'm just like meh. Also the new physics are killin me. I've been playing MM a lot lately and haven't been getting nearly as many live catches as with NF. It'd be one thing if it was on purpose, but pretty much all of them for NF are just random. Wouldn't mind some tweaking from FS as far as that goes. The table itself is awesome as usual. I'm the type that'll instabuy whatever FS comes out with, so these are just minor gripes. Keep doing what you're doing guys!

*there is also that possibility that I suck at using live catches correctly, or that I'm afraid of change, I've never had a problem with TPA's not having live catches. Not sure really

I had to learn how to time a live catch on the middle of the flipper in No Fear, because there most of the looped balls through the left orbit will end up. It still feels very late to me, but once you got the feel for it, it's very repeatable. I can do 3 or 4 out of 5, depending how dependable I shoot the left orbit and with which speed the ball comes around. On real tables I only make live catches with the tip of the flipper (and not that often too), rarely on other parts of the flipper. When the live catch was introduced (with Xenon I believe?), I first was caught off-guard because I actually tried to shoot the ball and then it "stuck" to my flipper :) I don't know if it improved my game on the whole across tables, but it surely has a strong positive effect on control on No Fear for me because of the dependence on the loop shot.

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
Does the iOS No Fear have glitches on the Autofire and Spin decals when they flash like the OS X version does?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts