No hope for planet earth (iOS PBA user reviews)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Buckle up, these are some doozies.

2013-03-05%2003.34.36.png

No words really. Kinda speaks for itself.

At least it's original lets give the guy credit, I could never imagine reading this had I not seen it with my own eyes.

2013-03-05%2003.34.36.png

Ummmmmmmmmmm

Seriously man where do these people come from? How are they smart enough to operate these devices. Is Idiocracy really coming true?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Sorry the images aren't loading. Basically go to App Store if you wanna see them. Basically, one guy is claiming that Twilight Zone is demonic, and that's why he gave 1 star. The other guy is making the most absurd claim I have ever read something involving "illegal physics". If they are jokes well played but, something tells me these are actuall legit lol. Ill fix it later.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Farsight should really add a "rate our game" link in the options page. The biggest gripe I have with the App Store is having to search for a game again in order to rate the current release - why not allow me to do that from the "purchased" area? Of course if I'm missing something totally obvious let me know.

And totally agreed about the quality of the reviews for this and most games that cost money (for some reason non-game software doesn't seem to have as big a problem with these kinds of reviews). It's almost as bad as reading the comments on news articles!

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I can see where people are coming from with the Apps icon changing each update, it would be quite easy to think you were purchasing the table featured on it.

Why don't you just stick with the generic icon Farsight? Other apps don't change their app icon with each update.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
IMO, the icon update is a great visual cue that there is a new table. At least FS isn't deceitful like most freemium apps with sneaky in-app purchases or banner ads all over the place. If people have the attention span of a gnat and cannot be bothered to read the App description, well too bad for them.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
IMO, the icon update is a great visual cue that there is a new table. At least FS isn't deceitful like most freemium apps with sneaky in-app purchases or banner ads all over the place. If people have the attention span of a gnat and cannot be bothered to read the App description, well too bad for them.

Slow clap

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looks like it may be time to write some more positive reviews. The app took a beating because of the recent crashing bug with 1.2.8. Blah.

Deathtickle

Dec 10, 2012
Never seen the Facebook page till now & WoW that's crazy.

TPA is far from perfect but at least there is TPA. Its a 4 star game even with the trouble.

Ive spent way more money in the arcade on machines with bad flippers and the like; than I have on TPA games. I figure Ive dumped 500$ at least in ill maintained machines. Spending .99 to 5$ for something you get to keep even though not perfect, is a deal in my eyes.

On a off note. To me it is kinda rewarding hitting the jackpot/skillshots from the off flipper cause the other flippers dying.

iamoneagain

Oct 4, 2012
Never seen the Facebook page till now & WoW that's crazy.

TPA is far from perfect but at least there is TPA. Its a 4 star game even with the trouble.

Ive spent way more money in the arcade on machines with bad flippers and the like; than I have on TPA games. I figure Ive dumped 500$ at least in ill maintained machines. Spending .99 to 5$ for something you get to keep even though not perfect, is a deal in my eyes.

On a off note. To me it is kinda rewarding hitting the jackpot/skillshots from the off flipper cause the other flippers dying.

Not that we should expect bugs but it really is part of the real pinball machine experience. Was just playing the real Medieval Madness machine a few weeks ago and the damn ball would occasionally get stuck in the castle and would end up tilting just to get it out. Also at the pinball expos I've gone to, a lot of the machine have weak plungers, flippers, and whatever else that greatly affects gameplay. Even when playing back in the early 90's I remember these same issues.

The only real problem I have is it seems some of the older tables with bugs haven't been updated for so long, like Circus Voltaire. I know they need to wait and let a few bugs build up but now with the table list threads, they have plenty to work with.

Krellan

Apr 23, 2013
Interesting. I remember reading elsewhere though that iOS was known for having customers who were actually willing to spend money, compared to Android! Developers were saying that iOS was where the money is, so they were willing to spend more time/effort creating a quality title. Is this still true, or has it changed?

The reviews feature in iTunes really needs to be improved, though. Apple doesn't allow the developer to reply directly to reviews, unfortunately, so it's a bad system for communication. People can say whatever they want and you have no way to rebut that.

That said, I believe Pinball Arcade is 4 stars, not 5. I think it's because they support so many platforms, they have to program to the lowest common denominator. The games play well, but getting there is a challenge, through the clumsy interface. Settings are not sticking, high scores are being wiped. There's lots of user interface polish that could be done: for example, some buttons, when held down, do nothing, but others wildly auto-repeat by themselves at a fast rate. If the network goes down and you were having a great game, too bad, it will crash at end of game and you won't get to register your high score. It's little things like that, which prevent it from getting 5 stars.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.