No New Game For TPA This Month?

KingMixer

Mar 13, 2012
Farsight just posted they're having a Twitch feed to announce the release of Stern Ghostbusters for Steam/mobile. But they posted it on the TPA page, not the SPA page. And no mention of a release this month for TPA.

So it looks like they're releasing Steam/mobile Stern Ghostbusters for SPA this month, with NO new release for TPA.

I hope I'm wrong. Am I? Anybody know what's going on?

KingMixer

Mar 13, 2012
Interesting. So are they making the game a crossbuy between SPA and TPA? Or do we have to pick a specific platform?

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
If you have the season pass for TPA and/or you bought the bundle deal for Mustang/Ghostbusters on SPA you will get the table otherwise I believe it will be sold for $10 like the other Stern tables. Don't think any cross buy though.

KingMixer

Mar 13, 2012
Great, thanks for the info. So in your opinion, is it better to get the table on one platform or another? SPA works just fine on my tablet. Will the game look better/play better on SPA? Or is it possible that the plan is to phase out SPA and have everything available on TPA?

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Great, thanks for the info. So in your opinion, is it better to get the table on one platform or another? SPA works just fine on my tablet. Will the game look better/play better on SPA? Or is it possible that the plan is to phase out SPA and have everything available on TPA?

From what I understand, SPA is going to continue, I would probably say if you want more of the current Stern tables then stay with SPA, but if you like the other brand of tables(Bally/Williams/Gottlieb) then go with TPA.

KingMixer

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks for all your input, Blkthorne. I've already got both SPA and TPA, was just curious if there was any difference in GB between the two platforms.

I'm still puzzled why they would release it for both platforms, though. Just seems funny.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Thanks for all your input, Blkthorne. I've already got both SPA and TPA, was just curious if there was any difference in GB between the two platforms.

I'm still puzzled why they would release it for both platforms, though. Just seems funny.

I think cause it fit the Halloween theme but I also think to give some attention to SPA as well. "We are giving you a taste of SPA with Ghostbusters on TPA, you'll might also enjoy Mustang, AC/DC and Star Trek only on SPA!!" heh

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Or, "Oh look! Ghostbusters is in TPA! I guess I won't have to buy SPA."

Or, "Why should I waste my money on SPA if the tables are just gonna show up in TPA?"

Or, "I'm glad I didn't buy SPA or I would've paid for the same table twice. I guess I'm never going to buy SPA in case this happens again."

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah I also think it's cause halloween theme and a little promotion and it's been so long waiting for ghostbusters, "giving" it away to season pass owners is a little goodwill thing.

I'd be very surprised if it eventully doesn't end up being cross-buy so I don't think it matters what app you buy it for. I was hoping they would have made the pro version for TPA and premium for SPA, I would have bought both.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Or, "Oh look! Ghostbusters is in TPA! I guess I won't have to buy SPA."

Or, "Why should I waste my money on SPA if the tables are just gonna show up in TPA?"

Or, "I'm glad I didn't buy SPA or I would've paid for the same table twice. I guess I'm never going to buy SPA in case this happens again."

Or, "I love Ghostbusters so much on TPA that I'm going to plunk down extra money to buy a flimsy and never-updated version on SPA. And since I love mid-game crashes and long load times, all the better!"

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
On iOS, SPA looks better than TPA - the tables that are on both definitely have better lighting in the SPA version, I believe it has higher minimum hardware specs than TPA. I would expect this would be the same for Android where they also support only higher spec devices for SPA.

This is probably not the case for Steam, but something to keep in mind.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There's definitely going to be cross-buy, it's already implemented (and working for me at least) for GB in the Android beta versions of TPA and SPA. So I don't see why that wouldn't happen for Steam and iOS.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
It would be nice to have Ghostbusters, but I'd settle for just having Star Trek work without crashing. I really hope that gets fixed with the next update.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I watched the Twitch stream (part of it). I assumed GB would be available on Steam now. No dice. Did they announce a release date?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.