No New PS3 Tables Today?

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Not wanting to speak for Byte or anything, but I think he meant that future updates were supposed to be easier to implement post-superpatch. I think I noticed improved sound quality on a few of the tables but that might just be me. I thought there might be a chance that Farsight would improve the sound on the PS3 version as they're supposed to be sorting it out on the PS4 version.

In any case, I'm loving the new tables :)

If so, my bad.

I figured he was talking about the old updates.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Just a quick heads up, the PS Vita Pro Packs for Black Knight 2000 and WHO Dunnit are currently listed at £3.99 and £3.29 respectively, presumably a cock-up on Sony's part, so just grab the cheaper PS Vita option even if you don't own one, as the crossbuy will entitle you to the PS3 version as well.

I have downloaded, and installed them, and they're working fine.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Speaking of "new" bugs (which appeared after the superpatch), US folks, have you the broken instructions on Pin*Bot? (see http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8383-PS3-EU-Instruction-is-not-working)

I'll have to check, but I am tired of having a super dark TZ table. I have no idea why they even touched it to begin with? I'm going to assume it was an accident, because before, it was nice and bright. Now, it's just dark.

The same goes for T2. The table, or at least the right lights, seem dark and dim.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
The posters above were correct, I meant *since* the superpatch; I have TPA also on my android device and regularly when you start an old table, a popup will come up advising about a new and improved version being available for download.

I was under the impression that the superpatch was introduced to allow for the same concept, not just for one-off update of existing tables, but to keep us in sync with Android, iOS, and the other "Royalty" platforms.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The posters above were correct, I meant *since* the superpatch; I have TPA also on my android device and regularly when you start an old table, a popup will come up advising about a new and improved version being available for download.

I was under the impression that the superpatch was introduced to allow for the same concept, not just for one-off update of existing tables, but to keep us in sync with Android, iOS, and the other "Royalty" platforms.

I believe that is the case. It would be interesting to hear from them about their plans with patches.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Speaking of "new" bugs (which appeared after the superpatch), US folks, have you the broken instructions on Pin*Bot? (see http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8383-PS3-EU-Instruction-is-not-working)

Didn't know about this and just checked.Instructions have also vanished for me.No biggie but hope that is patched up someday.

Just played BK2K!Very fun dynamic table and definitely a worthwhile sequel/upgrade to the original.That music/song is just epic!!!
Of course i also downloaded the other new tables(own all the TPA tables and will always support any new table.I draw the line at the pro mode.Only own the pro mode for Scarred Stiff.In general pro mode just isn't interesting enough to me) but i am going to try and restrain myself and not rush play all of them at once.Next i'll select High Speed.Steve Ritchie never fails.As said before, Whodunnit is the one i'm most looking forward to.I'm going to save it for the grand finale!Thx TPA for finally releasing these on the PS and i hope the next update will come asap.Everyone have great fun with the new tables! :)

Edit: One quibble about BK2K is that the magna save seems weak.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just had a look, and the pro packs are available for all four tables, so it was just an error in the blog listing.

Just a quick heads up, the PS Vita Pro Packs for Black Knight 2000 and WHO Dunnit are currently listed at £3.99 and £3.29 respectively, presumably a cock-up on Sony's part, so just grab the cheaper PS Vita option even if you don't own one, as the crossbuy will entitle you to the PS3 version as well.

I have downloaded, and installed them, and they're working fine.

Seems like taking advantage of an honest mistake to me. I don't know who is left out of pocket as a result of this.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I'd assume that Sony would owe Farsight, if they're responsible for the listing in the first place?

This wouldn't be the first time that mistakes have been made when it comes to pricing and availability of digital content, Microsoft have done the same thing on several occasions on Xbox 360, where premium DLC was for a time listed as free for example.

Mistakes happen, and the lucky early few get the advantage of that.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Why?

It seems the reddish hue on PS3 becomes the norm. Don't like it at all. :-(

Black Knight 2000 PC:

bk2k_pc.jpg

Black Knight 2000 PS3:

bk2k_ps3.jpg

High Speed PC

hs_pc.jpg

High Speed PS3

hs_ps3.jpg

PS: thanks to rubiconalpha, the last one to capture PS3 video stream for TPA.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Well, guys, I mean in general...

Since the superpatch, all the tables seems reddish/orange-ish. In particular, the tables that aren't too colourful (Centaur is the worst - not black & white, but grey & orange on PS3-, then Big Shot).

a touch warmer

Come on, compare BK2K PC and PS3. Don't you think that the PS3 version is... yellow?!? (e.g. the rollover in the upper playfield!).

---------------

The pink hue is gone.. now welcome to the red hue!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.