No Pro modes in the retail disc version!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yup the official list does in fact say:

It could be taken, by someone who's not familiar with the business model that pro modes are included but I don't think it was the intended implication.

Or maybe the publisher's writer was just confused. But I'd say the most obvious interpretation of that line the way it is written, even for someone like me who's familiar with the game, is that Pro Modes are included.

Still, anyone who goes by *press releases* for final feature lists is going to be let down many times in life. If they scrutinized the bullet points on the Amazon store listing (and I guess this is probably taken from the back of the game case?), they'd see a much clearer and more correct phrasing:

"Table Packs, Pro Upgrades, Bundles and Ball Packs released regularly."

So, shrug. I didn't see anyone who'd actually bought the disc complaining that the press release had misled them into a bad purchase, it was just FB trolls looking for things to bash, as usual. They were enjoying themselves quite a bit today. : P

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
And why would you not include the pro tables?

Maybe it would've added another $10 to the price or something and they wanted to keep it as low as they could? Or they're still counting on downloadable Pro sales, which the publisher wouldn't get a cut of. FS didn't sound that pleased with the price/model overall on FB, they were kinda complaining that the publisher was the one who got to set the price, and that they make less $ (per sale, I guess?) on the retail version than on the downloadable version. I kinda get the feeling they're regretting pushing a retail version out through a rinky-dink publisher (maybe any publisher at all).

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Maybe it would've added another $10 to the price or something and they wanted to keep it as low as they could? Or they're still counting on downloadable Pro sales, which the publisher wouldn't get a cut of. FS didn't sound that pleased with the price/model overall on FB, they were kinda complaining that the publisher was the one who got to set the price, and that they make less $ (per sale, I guess?) on the retail version than on the downloadable version. I kinda get the feeling they're regretting pushing a retail version out through a rinky-dink publisher (maybe any publisher at all).

I wonder if the disk release was part of the deal with Sony, for all the publicity and what-not, as they always did seem to be against the idea of releasing TPA on hard media from the very beginning. I'm sure they love the idea of having any sort of publisher, i hope they restricted the rights to publish to hard media only :D

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've killed off some recent silliness in this thread. Remember: You may constructively criticize the game itself and communications regarding said game, but attacking FarSight's staff directly is prohibited.

Also, please refrain from personally attacking other members, no matter how much you think they may deserve it. If there is a problem with a post, send a PM to any moderator or use the Report Post function.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I've killed off some recent silliness in this thread. Remember: You may constructively criticize the game itself and communications regarding said game, but attacking FarSight's staff directly is prohibited.

I feel like I'm the baby that just got thrown out with the bath water! :D

Dec 7, 2013
Who cares?

I've been enjoying the disc for a few days now and I could care less about pro. To me the premium is worth it to have a disc, manual, and case that will never vanish off the download store years down the road. That's what getting a retail release is about.

It's also made to give the game a bigger presence in stores and more people to know it exists.

So it's cheaper to buy digitally? Good, it should be.

I see no issues and could care less it doesn't include pro.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Who cares?

I've been enjoying the disc for a few days now and I could care less about pro. To me the premium is worth it to have a disc, manual, and case that will never vanish off the download store years down the road. That's what getting a retail release is about.

It's also made to give the game a bigger presence in stores and more people to know it exists.

So it's cheaper to buy digitally? Good, it should be.

I see no issues and could care less it doesn't include pro.

You got a manual? My insert says where to get the manual online. And please, it's couldn't care less not could care less. If you could care less you would but you care so little that you could not possibly care one bit less! :D

Dec 7, 2013
You got a manual? My insert says where to get the manual online. And please, it's couldn't care less not could care less. If you could care less you would but you care so little that you could not possibly care one bit less! :D

Hah yes insert seems that's the way it's going these days. But that's good, less paper waste on the environments.

It's couldn't? Really? Been saying it wrong for quite a long time +___+

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.