Not much fun so far?

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
Hello
Also I'm having a few problems here. I just bought a PS3 the other day and was looking forward to playing pinball as that's why I bought it.

There's 2 problems. One is that I bought the table pack 1 (UK/eu store) for £24.99 and downloaded all packs etc, then installed and nothing is showing under installed games so they have disappeared for some reason.

The other problem is when I go to download the core pack at £7.99 it freezes up and I have to reboot the PS3 which I have done around 5 x now.

I'm not having much fun so far.

Thanks

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
I figure I'm doing something wrong as anything I download and install isn't showing up.

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
Thanks for your advice. I have downloaded other stuff onto my HD which I purchased years ago but that's showing up fine.

What's the deal with the core pack at £7.99 freezing up and me rebooting every time I try?

Cherrs

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Not entirely sure what you're seeing here. I'd try contacting Sony before doing anything drastic. You might just be overlooking something.

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
Ok I go to the psn store and find pinball arcade core pack at £7.99 but as soon as I select it then it just freezes and locks up which means I have to restart the PS3.

Also I bought the table pack 1 for 24.99 and downloaded them all, then installed them but nothing is showing installed under games. I have downloaded other games from the psn store and they have installed fine.

Not sure what's happening here and don't think there's any need to call Sony. I contacted farsighted to see if they can shed any light,

Thanks

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
Looks like if nothing's working here I'll have to resell my PS3. Pretty disappointed really.

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
wild guess but its possible the ps3 software itself is corrupt clean install of the os itself?

There is no corruption as I formatted the 12gb memory and my 120gb drive 2.5" sata and just downloading pack 1 now to see if it works. I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Ok I go to the psn store and find pinball arcade core pack at £7.99 but as soon as I select it then it just freezes and locks up which means I have to restart the PS3.

Also I bought the table pack 1 for 24.99 and downloaded them all, then installed them but nothing is showing installed under games. I have downloaded other games from the psn store and they have installed fine.

Not sure what's happening here and don't think there's any need to call Sony. I contacted farsighted to see if they can shed any light,

Thanks

The reason your season 1 pack isn't showing up is you haven't installed the main game (i.e. the core pack). The season packs are technically DLC, so you need the main game for them to show. As for why it freezes when you try to buy it, I can't shed some light. I would be wary of a fault with your PS3. Of course, I can't say for sure as I'm just going on what you say. Seeing as you just bought it, maybe try exchanging it at the store? You can redownload your purchases onto your new machine as it's all tied to your PSN ID.

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
I thought that would be the problem and I just can't for the life of me download the core pack at £7.99 as it freezes every time. I have no trouble downloading zen or any other stuff I purchased years ago though.

I suppose I'll just keep trying to DL the core pack and I don't understand why it keeps locking up.

Cheers for your support its appreciated,

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I thought that would be the problem and I just can't for the life of me download the core pack at £7.99 as it freezes every time. I have no trouble downloading zen or any other stuff I purchased years ago though.

I suppose I'll just keep trying to DL the core pack and I don't understand why it keeps locking up.

Cheers for your support its appreciated,

Maybe try downloading the PS Vita version as both versions are included in the cost?

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
Yeah thanks and I contacted farsight earlier and would be interested to see what they say. Don't fancy spending hours on the phone with Sony so I'm not bothering.

All I get is the blue screen of death when I click on pinball arcade on psn and I have to reboot.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Maybe the fact that you have downloaded the Season Pass first (before the main game) has messed up the whole thing?

TPA has a pretty weird data structure (i.e. when there is a game update, the entire game is redownloaded ; some table data are in the main game, others are in the DLC).

Modonut

Oct 23, 2014
Yeah I agree and have charged in and DL'd the lot before even looking to see what's what so my fault really.
Anyway thanks to yourself and espy for the support.

Have a great evening.

Mo

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Glad to see it's fixed for you. I suppose we'll never know what caused it, though! Don't think downloading the season pass first would have made a difference - the store should be flexible for that kind of thing. Remember, DLC is for disc games as well as downloads, so the game you're downloading the DLC for may never be installed on your PS3.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.