Not sure if it's a bug

bengalcane

Jul 30, 2013
iPad2, iOS 8.1.2, version 4.4.0

I've never played Starship Troopers until now, so I apologize if i am misunderstanding the rules. I don't think one of the standard goals is registering. It says to do both of the ramps in no particular order and then shoot the recon scoop to get the Recon Combo. I'm 99.999999% I've done this 3 times now, but it hasn't registered. Is that a bug or am I doing the combo wrong?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
iPad2, iOS 8.1.2, version 4.4.0

I've never played Starship Troopers until now, so I apologize if i am misunderstanding the rules. I don't think one of the standard goals is registering. It says to do both of the ramps in no particular order and then shoot the recon scoop to get the Recon Combo. I'm 99.999999% I've done this 3 times now, but it hasn't registered. Is that a bug or am I doing the combo wrong?

Are you combo-ing as in quick quick quick - left ramp right ramp recon scoop (or right left scoop)? The scoop is actually a pretty hard shot for me to make consistently (or at all...) so I didn't actively try for the goal - but after about 20 or so games it happened "naturally"

bengalcane

Jul 30, 2013
Yeah I did it with no hits in between- baddabing right ramp, baddabang left ramp, baddaboom scoop. I tried for it. A lot. That scoop is hard. But I think the whole game is hard. It's pissing me off how hard the shots seem. It's also what is sucking me in!

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Are you shooting your combo during multiball? Cause I don't think most goals get detected during special modes.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Have you seen the DMD say "RECON COMBO" when you hit the scoop?
It is really easy to mess up this combo because of the two yellow spot targets at the base of each ramp.
Hit one of those, and the combo doesn't count.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Have you seen the DMD say "RECON COMBO" when you hit the scoop?
It is really easy to mess up this combo because of the two yellow spot targets at the base of each ramp.
Hit one of those, and the combo doesn't count.

If I could I would vote this the best answer! That is probably it.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I had it where after hitting the ramps and the scoop, the scoop started the Advance Planet mode. After it kicked out, I hit it immediately back into the scoop, and I still got Recon Combo credit. Yay!

bengalcane

Jul 30, 2013
I got it today. I have to agree with RSchwantner on why it didn't work before, that sounds really plausible. At any rate I actually hit 3 ramps in a row before the scoop, but I do know that wasn't the problem before. Just wanted to thank you all for your input, it's appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts